Diary of a Loner.. 9

Dear Diary,

I know before I said I loved work but right now it's my worst nightmare! Well not really I still do love working in the music store but it's  really interfering with the time I have with Daniel. Which isn't a whole load of time either seeing as we've two months of summer left and then he'll be gone. No I can't think about that it's too upsetting, I don't want him to go but of course he has too. He has to go home eventually I mean like he does have another life away from his summers in Newhaven. Wow that's sort of weird if I think of it that way. This isn't Daniels normal life. This isn't where he lives or where he goes to school. Yes he does have friends here but he's also got many other's back in his hometown. People who don't even know of my existence as his girlfriend.

I wish summer would never end, I don't know what we are going to do when it comes to the end of August. I just hope that my wish on that shooting star will come true. Anyway the situation at work isn't entirely bad. I guess I am lucky that Chris is really nice and is ok with Daniel spending his days in the shop even though he's not there to buy anything. I think Chris understands our situation and I'm glad he does otherwise I don't know what I would do. Everyday I'm working Daniel will come into the shop from opening until closing, just to spend time with me. It's incredibly sweet of him, like he doesn't have to do it. He could go off during the day with Scott, Caden, Lisa, Maggie or Caitlin but no instead he choose to be with me. 

I don't think he realises how special that makes me feel. The only downside to seeing each other while I'm working, well is that I have to work. It's not as if we can share a sneaky kiss now and then, the shop does actually get pretty busy and well Chris watches us like a hawk the whole time anyway. Maybe if if I have a chat wit him about that he might lay off a bit? As soon as I'm finished working the two of us bolt out the door to go on crazy little adventures together, sometimes we meet up with the others. Other times it's just the two of us.

I love spending time with Daniel because every single minute of it is exciting. I never know what were going to do next, it's surprise after surprise for me. I don't know how he's constantly coming up with all these amazing things for us to do. I think half the time it could all be a fluke. We end up going for a walk somewhere and he see's something that could be entertaining for us to do. Yesterday for instance we were taking a romantic stroll on the beach, when he spotted a small boat tied up by the pier. His eyes lit up as soon as he saw it and I guessed his brain was formulating some crazy idea and I was right. He suggested we take the boat for a spin around the harbour. 

I wasn't up for the idea at all because in my eyes it was stealing. Obviously Daniel thought otherwise, he explained how it wasn't stealing we were simply borrowing the boat and bringing it out for a spin. It took him a good ten minutes before he had me convinced. I am glad I gave in though because the amount of fun we had was just criminal. The minute Daniel had the engine going I completely forgot about the fact that it wasn't our boat. I just allowed myself to enjoy the fresh sea breeze blow through my hair, causing it to go flying back behind my shoulders. I remember grinning hugely at Daniel indicating for him to pick up speed. It felt great. After about ten minutes of driving back and forth, Daniel brought the boat in close to the pier and turned off the engine. 

I didn't get it at first, I thought the engine had conked on us and we were stuck so naturally I began to panic. But Daniel, oh gorgeous Daniel, reassured me that we weren't stuck we were going for a swim. It was an outrageous idea but it was also a fantastic one. Neither of us gave a daam that we had no swimming togs we just went for it. We jumped off the side of the both hand in hand. I got a shock when the icy cold water enveloped my whole body. I screamed the minute I resurfaced, complaining about the cold. Daniel just laughed at me. I guess it was funny, I must have looked a sight bobbing up and down in the water, with my hair and clothes plastered to me, screaming and moaning about the cold water. 

Once I was back on the boat I really wasn't too keen about going in again and Daniel being the loving and caring boyfriend that he is, completely and utterly understood how I felt. So he decided to push me in. All I could hear as I fell not so gracefully of the boat was Daniel's smooth, deep laughter and my high pitched screams. I murdered him for that, the poor boy didn't see it coming. We headed back into the pier where we first found the boat and very carefully tied it up again. Unfortunately for us we got caught. 

Well not physically caught but close enough to it. The owner of the boat saw us and started screaming and roaring abuse at us whilst waving a long wooden stick in his hand. At first we were both frozen, completely numb and unsure of how to react. But as the man got closer and his threats got deadlier we legged it. The two of us sprinted down the stretch of the beach as fast as we could. The angry man was right on our tails but soon enough he began to tire and gave up with one last angry wave of his stick. We ran for another few metre's and then stopped as the fits of laughter began to take over.

We were laughing hysterically, I could barely get a word in between my giggles. I swear I now have a six pack or at least a four pack after all the laughing I did. After we finally calmed down we walked back to Daniel's house where I stayed for dinner. I love his family they are so kind and his little sister is adorable. His too older brothers Matthew and Damon will be coming down to the summer house for the last two weeks of the summer. I can't wait to meet them, from what I've heard of them from Daniel, they sound like awesome individuals. Crap I just realised that it's Daniel's birthday soon. What the hell am I going to get him? I've never really bought a birthday present for someone seeing as before this summer I had no friends and never had a boyfriend.

Maybe I should talk to Lisa, Maggie and Caitlin, they might have some idea of what to do. Surely one of them has had a boyfriend. Actually talking to Caden and Scott might also be a good idea, they are guys so therefore they should know what guys like as birthday presents. Ok perfect that's one disaster avoided anyway. Thank god for friends, I'm so glad that I actually have some now that I can go to about my problems. I owe that one to Daniel, I owe everything to him he really has changed my life.

Vote.Comment.Fan.

Friends theme tune! :) Just to show how great friends are and how glad Faye is to have them. 

"I'll be there for you" <3

Azzy-Was-Here