Chapter 19

3rd POV

Eriko and Natsume were back at home on a hot sunny Sunday. Natsume was just chillin while Eriko.... Well, she's not.

"Nii-chaaannnnnnn....... It's so hottttttt"

"I know. I already turn on the air conditioner, can't you feel it?"

"Noooooo"

Natsume sighed. He was actually reading his book and thought he could at least enjoy it, but turns out it was the opposite.

Natsume is at the living room while Eriko... Was lying on the the cold ground.

"You're already exposing your tummy to the floor. Why are you still sweating?" Natsume said as he closes his book and look at his sister, whose back was facing him.

"I don't knowwwww.... I want ice cream!!!" She exclaimed and quickly turn to look at her brother, her face slightly flustered due to the heat.

"Fine fine... I'll go get it."

"Yay~!"

Natsume got up and headed to the kitchen. When he opened the fridge, he noticed that all the ice creams were gone.

'Strange... I thought we still had more...'

"Niiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! I want ice creammmmm!!!!!" Natsume could hear his sister whining from across the room.

"Okay! Chill gurl!" When he turn around, he saw that apparently, the dustbin was full. He took a closer look and saw that it was all the ice cream containers. His expression turned from clueless to a scared look.

"E-eriko-chan... Did you eat ice cream yesterday?"

"Yep!"

"And the day before...?"

"Uh-huh!"

"The whole w-w-eek...?"

"You betcha!"

'Shit shit shit shit shit

'Shit shit shit shit shit..........'

"Niiiiii!!! What's taking you so longgggg"

'Mom... Dad... I'm sorry for not taking care of Eriko properly... I promised to look after her, but what have I done...'

"..."

"Eriko?" When Natsume looked towards the living room, he found Eriko was lying on the ground.

'Oh no...'

"ERIKO!" Natsume quickly rushed to his sister side and placed a hand on her forehead.

'Shit... Why didn't I notice it sooner...?!'

With that, he quickly brought Eriko to her room then rushed back downstairs to get some ice. Thankfully, there's still some left. He went back upstairs and placed the ice pack on her forehead to cool down her temperature.

" *sigh* I'm sorry for not noticing it, Eriko..." Natsume caressed his sister head with a worried look on his face. "Guess she won't be going to see them tomorrow or maybe even a few days. I should probably tell Keisuke that I won't be able to attend practice as well."

--------------------

-To be continued-