Flower shop AU

Hey sorry I've been gone for like a month college has been hectic. I've just had exams.

But I'm back now with this that was a request I think but I can't remember who 😅.

——————————————————

The bell rang as you stormed into the shop letting the door slam behind you.

The small flower shop was beautiful. Plants of every kind seemed to be pouring in from every crack. Reds, pinks and the odd blue swam in an ocean of greenery.

At the register sat an older woman. Several pairs of glasses were place about her person. Most being place atop her messy hair.

Walking up to the desk you slammed your money down on the table "how can passive-aggressively I say fuck you with flowers?"

"Excuse me?" She said in startled voice.

"It's Mother's Day, I have to get her flowers but we're not on the best of terms" you said feeling embarrassed by you outburst.

"Right, I see, I don't know exactly how to do that but you can write a message on a card for her." She said fumbling with some paper on the counter.

"Yeah that might work" you said with a sad smile as your watery eyes started to sting. "Thank you, how much will that and your cheapest Bouquet be?"

"£6.50." She said ringing up your order. "Sweet heart, are you okay?"

"I'm," you tried to continue but the tears we already falling. The weight of the week had finally caught up with you.

"Oh honey, come with me." She said sweetly and lead you into her back room.

The mossy smell of the shop left you as you walk throw the beaded curtain.

"Would you like some tea?" She said moving towards the already boiling kettle. "Poppet, please sit down."

Why was this woman being so nice to you? You thought as you sat down on a plush sofa and a cup of sweet smelling tea was placed into your hands.

"Thank you miss?"

"Helena. Call me Helena, honey." She said with a warm smile.

"Oh I'm (y/n)." you said wiping the remaining tears off your cheeks feeling a little flustered.

"Now why don't you tell me what's wrong." Helena sat down next to you putting an arm across your shoulders.

"Well, I..." You stuttered feeling your face grow red at the sudden contact.

"Is it because of your mother?" She asked taking the cup from your shaking hands.

"Yeah, She, well she... she kicked me out last year." You paused thinking you'd over shared. "It's my fault."

"Sweet heart, I'm sure it wasn't." Helena pulled you in closer.

"I'm gay." You whimpered leaning into her touch. "If I wasn't things would be okay but—"

"No no sweetie, that's not the problem." Helena said her grip tightening. "Your mother is the one in the wrong." She gave a smile while whipping away the newly forming tears from your eyes.

"I think your wonderful (y/n)."

"Really?" You mumbled into her chest.

You heard her giggle in response. "Yes sweet heart. Now why don't you stay here while I close the shop."

Helena got up and left leaving you alone for a minute before coming back with some flowers.

"I don't suppose your be giving these to your mother so why don't you keep them, free of charge."

"Thank you" you blushed a little taking them from the short woman, lingering as your hands touched.

"Would you like to—"

"Yes" you didn't let her finish "I'd love too."

"See You tomorrow for brunch then poppet." Helena said with a laugh.