Young/school AU

"Wait wait what are you doing again?" You asked as Helena was explaining something.

"I've already explained it (y/n)." She said with a giggle as you sat down on a bench outside.

Helena had been you best friend since the start of secondary school and now you too were in your last week of year 9.

"Okay so I have a job but it's not like a paper round or something it's much more exiting!" She beamed.

"Yeah yeah I got that but you said it's only for one day? What the point of that?" You were very confused.

Last week she'd been talking about her new job and now when you asked how it was going she'd said she'd done it.

"It was an acting job (y/n), remember I said I was going to be an actress one day." She was so happy.

You didn't quite understand why any one would want to be an actor but you were happy if she was. Hopefully it wouldn't go to her head.

"So now you're a famous actress... are you going to move to holly wood and forget about me?" You joked hoping to get a laugh out of her.

It worked. Helena's laugh is your favourite sound. It's so dirty and unapologetically loud. She could fill a stadium with it.

"Of course not... and even if I did move away... I'd want you to come with me." She said sheepishly looking at the ground.

You leaned in and pushed Helena's chin up making her look at you. She has such beautiful eyes you could just look into the forever. Like pools of chocolate and honey.

"Do you mean it? We could live together?" You asked moving to let her sit on your lap.

"Of course I do. We'll be rich and buy a big house and fill it with books and records and..."

"Clothes?"

"Yeah maybe even get a dog..."

You sat in comfortable silence just look at each other for a while. You couldn't explain it you felt something for her. But no it couldn't.

Helena and you were both girls and there was no way she felt the same. No you too were just best friends.

Best friends that all of a sudden were leaning in for a kiss.