Jealousy

I know this might not technically be jealousy but it's similar enough right?

For @TheMadPainter

———————————————————

"Good morning Hellie," You said with a smile as you walked down stairs that morning.

Helena was sat on the sofa reading the paper and drinking a cup of tea. She didn't look very happy but she never was in the mornings.

Still she'd normally say good morning back when you said it so you had an idea something might be wrong.

"Is every thing okay love?" You asked with concern as you sat down next to her. Surprisingly she didn't respond and only turned away more.

"Have I done something?" No response.

"Helena please what did I do?" You were getting worried now and started going over the last few days trying to figure out what you'd done.

Before you could try and ask again Helena stood up and left the room. When she came back she had gotten dressed and informed you she was going out for a walk.

The front door slammed shut and you found yourself alone in the silence.

'Fuck, what did I do. She's really mad at me.' And other such thoughts race through your mind.

You were about to go upstairs and shower when the newspaper Helena had been reading caught your eye.

In big red font the front cover said the following:

(y/n) seen out and about with potential lover Eddie Redmayne!

And bellow showed a photo of you and Eddie walking through London last week.

Your blood boiled. You hated gossip magazine getting into your personal life. You knew when you pursued a career in acting you'd have to deal with it but still.

Eddie was a friend of yours and you were catching up as he was a bout to go to America to start filming fantastic beasts and where to find them 2.

You knew why Helena was upset with you now even if she never spoke about it you knew she was scared of losing you.

It was part of the reason you had decided to keep your relationship a secret. When Helena was with Tim Burton they had had their relationship dissected each week.

Helena was also still new to dating women. You had helped her finally come out to herself when you first worked together.

She was scared you'd leave her for a man because in her mind he'd have something she didn't.

You knew exactly why she was so upset. You had to go find her and make it up to her.

With out even getting out your pjs you through on a coat and headed outside into the streets of London.

Helena would often go for walks in a small park near the house so you headed there first and low and behold there she was. Sitting on a bench with a solemn look on her face. Quietly you sat down next to her.

"Hi" You said with a forced smile on your face. "It's okay if you don't want to talk but can you listen?" She said nothing but you didn't expect an answer.

"I know why your upset with me but please believe me when I say it's not true." You almost couldn't get it out you were so choked up about the hole situation.

"I know." Helena said catching you off guard a little "it's just... I wish... it's like your ashamed or something."

"Of what?"

"Of us!" She raised her voice. "You never want to go any where as a couple, you always avoid questions about me or who you're dating."

"Helena I—" but there was no point in speaking as Helena continued talking over you.

"I know what me and Tim had wasn't the best but at least he wasn't afraid to hold my hand in public!"

You could tell she'd been wanting to say this for a long time.

"If you don't want to be with me just say," she looked down at her lap and allowed her tears to fall onto her pants

"I know I'm an old woman and Eddies a young man. I know he can offer you so much more. Just tell me if you don't love me any more."

"Of course I love you." You said also tearing up a bit how could she being say this.

"Then prove it." She said standing up. "Kiss me on the lips right now, right in front of the men taking photos over there."

You had been so caught up in the moment you hadn't even noticed the small crowd that had gathered in the distance. A couple of whom were taking photos.

You knew what had to be done you loved her too much to lose her. Standing up you pulled Helena into a kiss which turned into a hug and then back into a kiss.

You knew what the head line would be tomorrow and for once it might be correct.

———————————————————

I'm on a role with these today so I'll be posting another soon.

It's a part 2 to red carpet ❤️ what do you think Helena wants form you?