Chapter 6: Tongxin (Childs Innocence) Part 3

Start from the beginning

Still, Little Zhan held the warm cup of tea in his hands and continued staring directly at his younger cousin. When she moved left, Little Zhan's eyes moved left. When Little Zhuqin slowly crept to the right side, the young lad simply followed her every moment. Thinking nothing of it, Little Zhuqin playfully laughed it off. She set the lacquer tea kettle onto the table then squatted down in a sitting position while she wrapped her arms around her knees and looked up at Little Zhan.

He...was still looking at her.

"...Zenma (What is it)? Ni...ni de yanjing daodi kan shenma ne (What do you exactly see with your eyes)?" Little Zhuqin cheerfully inquired and slightly tilted her head to the side.

Holding the cup of tea in his hand, Huan looked over Little Zhan's shoulder and walked to stand between his younger brother and Little Zhuqin.

"Aha?" Huan quietly laughed.

In his mind, Little Zhan was thinking about one thing; to apologize...or not to apologize, that was the question. Since the young girl in front of him already went out of her way to apologize...AND save his little butt from getting 50 lashes (hopefully) in front of their Gusu ancenstral hall, it was quite the simple decision.

Dun, dun, dunnnn....Apologize.

Little Zhan first cleared his throat and squinted his eyes at the young girl then handed her his cup of tea. Not wanting to get up from her position, she reached out her left arm and received the cup as the young youth in front of her also squatted down into a sitting position.

"Eiii, xiao jiu peng you, ni, ni...ganma (Heyyy, little wine friend what... are you doing)?" Little Zhuqin curiously asked then quickly stood up.

Seeing that the young girl in front of him was now standing on her feet, Little Zhan also copied her and properly stood up. His back was straight, and while he gestured his hands in front of his chest, Little Zhan's face told Huan otherwise; he wanted to say 'sorry' but...his little man pride was not letting him properly do so (lol).

Little Zhuqin cleared her throat and again, slowly crept to the right side as Little Zhan also did the same thing.

"Pft, what...is this boy's problem?" The young girl laughed to herself and quickly hid behind Huan.

"Ah?" Little Zhan blankily said and looked at Little Zhuqin who was hiding directly behind his elder brother.

"Ni kan (Look), there is not enough room for you to hide behind your brother. What are you going to do now huh?" Little Zhuqin playfully mocked...while still holding onto the cup of tea in her right hand.

At this point, the young girl totally knew Little Zhan was copying her movements. For what reason? Only Little Zhan and Huan knew (lol).

"There...is enough room," Little Zhan stoicly began and dropped both hands to his sides then quickly behind the young girl. "There...is room."

Seeing that the young boy had quite the sense of humor, Little Zhuqin could not hold in her laughter and bursted out laughing along with Huan.

"You, you...just what were you trying to...I can't!" The young girl laughed.

"When I copied her movements, I was testing her patience brother," Little Zhan monotonely said while Little Zhuqin continued laughing.

"Yes you were," Huan replied with a simple smile.

Seeing that Little Zhuqin was absolutely losing herself over her laughter, Little Zhan annoyingly stared at the young girl again. Unconsciously, it was only natural to drink something when one was choking and without thinking twice about the cup of tea in her right hand, the young girl chugged down the entire cup that Little Zhan handed her minutes before.