eight

after louis and harry had left the bathroom, harry wandered off, and he couldn't remember anything after that.

and he ended up waking on the floor of louis' room.

he checked his phone and it said it was seven in the morning, the usual time he woke up. so he stretched his sore arms over his head-sleeping on the floor wasn't comfortable-and blinked a bit before looking around the room.

he saw zayn, snoring loudly next to him, and louis on the bed.

harry admired him fondly, watching him take soft breaths, and he loved the way louis looked so innocent and vulnerable.

he couldn't help himself from crawling a tiny bit closer and looking at his thin pink lips, and his heart beat a bit faster.

he threw himself backward when the older boy's eyelashes fluttered a bit, and he immediately winced as the carpet rubbed harshly against his elbows.

 and even though he was holding his elbow in pain, with his mouth in a silent o, he could still hear louis' adorable yawn.

"harry? what are you doing?" louis asked groggily, and harry closed his eyes for a second before looking at the doncaster lad.

"nothing. just woke up."

"really? you look like you've been awake for a while," louis observed, and harry tried not to look guilty.

"no, i-i just woke up," he stuttered, staring at the floor.

"hey! shut up." 

then harry felt a pillow hitting his head.

he looked to see zayn, who was face down in a pillow now and his arm was still outstretched in the air from when he threw the pillow.

"hey. don't throw pillows at curly," louis scolded, before turning to harry and giving him a small smile.

harry bit his lip, unable to respond.

"i can throw as many pillows as i want if he doesn't shut up," zayn muttered, and harry jumped when he heard a groan on the other side of the bed.

"quiet, liam! stop complaining!" louis leaned over and looked on the side harry wasn't on, and harry tried his best to avert his eyes from his bum, but it was quite hard.

"i know you're staring, harold."

zayn let out a chuckle into his pillow while harry blushed like an idiot, awkwardly sitting on the floor and playing with his fingers.

"you didn't respond. that means you definitely were staring."

harry didn't think his cheeks could get any redder.

"no i wasn't," he mumbled, and when he saw louis turning around, he quickly ruffled his curls and pushed his messy fringe to the side with two fingers. his quiff had fallen out over night, after much touching from louis. and he wasn't complaining.

"i think i've said this before, but you're a terrible liar." but he was smiling, with bleary tired eyes from lack of sleep and hair that went every direction. 

"i'm terrible at social skills," harry mumbled, and immediately regretted it, and he hoped louis wouldn't ask anything about it.

"so am i, harry, it's okay," louis grinned, climbing out of his bed and sitting down next to harry, who was now sitting criss cross on louis' white carpet.

"how did we get in your room?" harry asked quietly, looking at the many band posters and some posters with depressing things that made harry wonder what exactly what was wrong with the doncaster boy.