forty three

A/N: get ready for a giant time skip :)

ALSO. WATCH THE TRAILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET, IT'S IN THE MULITMEDIA. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, IT TOOK ME LIKE ALL NIGHT TO MAKE AND I FORGOT TO STUDY FOR MY BIO TEST SHAME ON ME.

***

Trigger Warning: Eating Disorders

"you have to join a club. it's your senior year, it'll look good on your college applications," zayn nudged harry's shoulder, pointing at the wall of flyers and sign up sheets in front of them. niall nodded in agreement, clapping harry on the back and laughing as others around him joked about joining glee or band.

harry personally thought the band members were cool, but he decided not to speak up.

"i don't think i would like any of these," harry said honestly, sticking one hand in the pocket of his skinnies and with the other hand he gripped onto his thermos of tea. "i'm not any good at sports; and i can't be in theatre."

harry wanted to cry at the thought. he was good at theatre, he rocked the stage and sang with all his heart. but no, he was never coming back.

"you can do water polo with me," zayn said hopefully. "'s not that hard, i swear it. it's bloody fun, is what it is!"

"have ye seen volleyball?" niall asked. harry nodded, looking down at the two of them with a nervous frown. "it's like that, except in the water. and you're tall, so it'll work out perfectly!"

zayn was practically hopping up and down. "yes, yes you have to come with me during eca. at least try it out, and if you don't like it you can quit. you can swim right?"

harry shook his head yes.

"well, i, personally, am joining the footie team."

zayn rolled his eyes. "i'm so surprised, niall."

niall punched him in the shoulder, laughing. "at least i don't swim like a loser." when harry gave a worried look, niall clarified, "no, i'm kidding. i think it's cool."

"okay," harry whispered, twirling the bracelet around his wrist. "okay, i'll think about it."

zayn smiled, a proud smile. "harry, 'm so glad you're feeling better. i thought you weren't ever going to come back," he whispered, tilting his head up so his lips were close to harry's ear. "i think you did the right thing, making him leave." he leaned back, bringing his voice back to normal. "i do miss li though."

"i do too, when's that bloke coming back? we need to play some fifa, he used to be the only one who i actually had to try against."

"hey!" zayn defended, making a pouty face, and harry tried his best to smile, to make them think that he was, in fact, okay.

when his attempt failed, and his lips were just shaky and he felt like crying, he put his thermos up to his lips, feeling the hot tea slide down his throat and he licked his lips. his throat was thick and his chest ached. it was a normal feeling, the only thing he felt when he wasn't completely numb.

zayn and niall were in the middle of a conversation when the bell rang, signaling first period. harry checked his schedule really quick; he didn't have a chance to before because he was too busy getting himself prepared for the first day of school. his mum usually helped him and made him his favorite breakfast; today she slept in, which wasn't an unusual occurrence.

he had psychology, which he was actually quite interested in. he could relate, which was helpful.

so he said a half-hearted goodbye to the other two of his friends, who sent him off with a tight hug, and then he cowered into himself as students brushed past him with books in hand. harry had already put his books in his class so all he had was his tea.