23

I threw the front door open, Evelyn on my hip and Jasper close behind. He handed me his keys as his hands were full with loose duffel bags and one suitcase, Mark was going to help bring up the rest of the stuff we had accumulated over the months, the next day.

I jumped in surprise as deja vu washed over me, my heart calming down as I noticed it was just Kai, lounging on the sofa, the TV blaring. I rolled my eyes fondly, stepping the rest of the way through the door and setting Evelyn on the ground. Her blue eyes watching Kai carefully as he stood and approached us. She clutched onto my leg as he ran over and enveloped Jasper in a hug.

"Did you move in?" Jasper asked with a laugh, his facial expression light and airy. He was so happy to be home, where he could sleep as long as he wanted without worries of having to stay up so late at night.

"Basically, I've always liked your TV better and you know that." He grinned, reaching over to hug me as I wrapped my arms around him too.

I peaked around him to see a NFL game on the TV, the home team winning by a substantial amount.

"Where's Jensen?" I asked, picking up Evelyn as she was still watching Kai carefully. I didn't see my brunette friend anywhere and normally she and Kai were attached at the hip.

"She's at a shoot, she should be home soon. I don't think she knows that you were supposed to be back today, she'll be happy to see you." His eyes were shining too, everyone just genuinely happy to be back together. We hadn't seen Kai and Jensen since the LA show, almost four and a half months ago.

"Oh good, I can't wait to see her." I admitted, walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge. I didn't expect to see it pretty much stocked.

I guess Kai really did move in.

"I'm gonna go put her down, she's probably exhausted." Jasper murmured, surprising me from where he stood, holding out his arms for Evelyn as she scrubbed at her eyes sleepily. It was 2 in the afternoon, but her body had adjusted to the central time zone.

"I think she'll be happy to be back in her crib." I smiled softly as Evelyn happily went into her dads arms, cuddling into his chest gently. I watched as he walked down the small hallway, opening her door and softly closing it behind him.

"How was life on tour?" Kai asked, sitting at a bar stool and crossing his arms. He watched as I pulled out the items that I needed to make a turkey sandwich.

"It was fun, I loved seeing the country. I've always wanted to go on a road trip." I replied, pulling out six pieces of bread, fully knowing that Kai and Jasper would want one too.

"What was your favorite stop?" He asked, grinning when he realized that he would get a sandwich too.

"Probably Orlando or Pittsburgh." I blushed lightly, looking down as I stacked the cheese, lettuce, and turkey on the bread. I added mayo and pepper to mine before sliding a plate to Kai.

"Why are those special?" He asked, already biting in.

I turned my back, stalling, as I pulled down three glasses, using the purifier to fill the cups with water. I turned and handed him one as he watched me closely.

"We got to celebrate Evelyn's first birthday at Disney, which of course is special." I reminded him, thinking back to the beautiful sunny day where amazement filled Evelyn's eyes all afternoon. "Pittsburgh was just nice, J got a tattoo of a Rose for Evelyn. It was just a fun weekend."

He nodded in understanding as Jasper left Evelyn's room, closing the door quietly behind him. He grinned and sat next to Kai, pulling the sandwich closer to him and sipping the water.