5

"Momma!" A loud squeal is what I woke up to on Monday morning followed by the rocking of the crib railing. "Momma!"

Evelyn's cries were getting desperate so I threw my covers off and walked across the hall to get my baby.

"Come lie with momma." I murmured as sleep tugged at my eyelids. I woke up twice last night to give her her medicine and she was not willing to go back to sleep without a fight.

I placed her in my bed that seemed to envelope her in covers. I smiled at her sleepy face and crawled in next to her. She snuggled into my side and I quickly pressed my hand to her forehead to see if she was warm or not.

"You're cooling down baby doll, that's good!" I smothered her face in kisses before pulling the blankets over our bodies. My queen sized bed was definitely big enough for the two of us and she easily fell back asleep after snuggling up to my side.

I never did fall back asleep, but watching Evelyn sleep was the best thing ever. The way her little nose twitched or how a smile would take over her face just from dreaming made me feel giddy inside. Her eyelids fluttered like she was watching a movie behind her eyelids.

We stayed in bed for another hour before my phone started going off. Evelyn only stirred the first time but after the second time she sat up with wild bed hair and made grabby hands at my phone.

"This is my phone, I think daddy wants to see you!" I exclaimed before pulling the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Did I wake you up?" Jasper's worried voice asked immediately and I couldn't help but smile.

"No, me and Evie are just laying in bed." I answered as I played with her short hair and her eyes got droopy again, she was a sucker for someone playing with her hair.

"Are we still up to hang out today? I wanna see you guys." He sounded desperate so I quickly responded with a 'yes'.

"I think she liked being around you." I told him and I heard him sigh happily.

"That's good." He breathed out easily and contently.

"Is twelve alright for meeting up?" I asked quickly trying to change the subject.

"Of course!" He stumbled across his words and I could only picture him nodding excitedly with his blond hair hitting his forehead. "Where would you like to go?"

"Perhaps just a cafe or maybe you could even come here, I don't want her too worn out." I mumbled quietly as Evelyn sat on my stomach and ate at her fingers.

"Uh yeah I'll come to your apartment, I don't want her to get sick again." He seemed so flustered as he spoke. "I'll come round in like an hour?"

I glanced at my clock and saw that it was only eight. Eager. "Sure."

"Okay, thank you, bye!" He hung up before I could say anything so I gathered Evelyn in my arms and carried her off to her bedroom

"Wanna stay comfy today?" I asked her as she sucked on her thumb, which was a new habit I have never seen before. I didn't draw attention to it though, she's not even one yet so she'll just grow out of it.

I pulled out a white sundress and a white diaper cover and quickly changed her. I then pushed a headband through her hair so her little bangs wouldn't flip into her eyes. Her hair was growing out funny, but I didn't want to cut it and have to go through the growing process twice.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked rhetorically as I carried her out to the kitchen and placed her in the high chair.

I got her a little baby yogurt and a banana to munch on as I ate a bowl of cereal next to her.