6

"Are you sure you want to make this commitment?" Felix asked as I packed up the rest of Evies stuff into a cardboard box.

"Yup, Evelyn needs her daddy." I replied making quick eye contact with my brother before taping the box shut. Pushing down on it so I could get it closed the whole way.

"You're moving hundreds of miles away with a man, no a boy, that you met up with a week ago!" He exclaimed throwing his arms up in the air in exasperation. His annoyance surprising me as we had just been talking in normal tones.

"We both know that's a lie. Jasper has been a part of both of our lives for years!" I was getting angry as I folded some blankets that I kept lying around. "I'm beginning to trust him and it would be nice if I had your full support Felix."

He stared at me in shock as I glared at him.

"This is a stupid decision and you better not come crying to me when everything goes wrong and you need a place to stay." He shook his head and turned around.

"That's not fair!" I cried out as he left my room. "You're the only blood relative that I have left! You can't cut me out of your life because I want my daughter to have a father!"

"Yeah well less than a week ago you wanted to strangle him!" He turned and spat the words in my face as I flinched away from him.

"You're my big brother." I argued as he followed me into the family room by the front door. "You're supposed to take care of me."

"Isn't that what Jasper is here for?" He growled, centimeters from my face as I cowered away from him. My back hitting the wall behind me. I had never in my life been fearful of Felix, but now, pressed against a wall with his angry face inches from mine, I felt a small ping in my chest.

"Get away from her." An extremely comforting voice ordered in a demanding tone.

"You will not tell me what to do with my sister!" Felix shouted and I moved my head up to see the scene unravelling before me.

"Ma!" Evelyn cried out, burying her face in Jasper's neck, holding him tightly. He had taken her to the park down the street so I could finish packing and I guess he had just gotten back.

"Felix I think you need to go." Jasper said calmly, rubbing circles on Evies back as she cried out again.

"Don't try and contact me again." Felix demanded and I felt a new hole form in my chest as he walked through the door.

"Oh love," Jasper pulled me to his body and I clung to him like a little koala bear. The adrenaline was wearing off from the situation and I wasn't crying, but I was shaking and I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. "It'll be alright, I will never leave you."

I gripped his flannel shirt tightly in my hands and buried my forehead into his chest, finding comfort in his familiar scent.

"B-but F-fel-Felix," I stuttered my way through the two words before I stopped talking and furrowed my brows against his shirt. I was still holding him tightly, trying to make sense of the whole situation.

"It's alright. Calm down, don't over work yourself please." He pleaded rocking me back and forth as I held onto him. I pushed away lightly as I thought more about what my brother had said. How could he not want to contact me? I leaned into Jasper's hold again and felt angry all the sudden.

"But Felix was the only one left!" I shouted into his chest out of no where. This is the same feeling I got went my parents died except Felix was comforting me, not Jazz. Except Felix didn't die, he just left. Over something so stupid.

"I won't let anyone hurt you and I swear to never leave your side." He repeatedly kissed my temple and rocked me like an infant until my breathing was normal and my heart rate returned to a semi normal pace.