Chapter 33: Stressed and Incapable. Happy Now?

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE BOTTOM! PLEASE READ!

It's been a while since Stormin' Normins' come out to play.

Harry was just glad he wasn't at the receiving end of it.

Ever since that news channel had shown the chubby face of Charles Plaggin, Stormin' Normin has been called forth out of its shadowy hole and was tearing everybody a new one. Its only been a day or so since it was announced that Oscorp and his dad was being sued, and already it was blowing up every news channel the cable companies had to offer.

Neither Harry or his father was particularly pleased with this added attention.

Having grown up the son of a successful CEO, entrepreneur, and scientist, Harry hadn't been camera shy since he was 8 years old. He could smile, look serious, rattle off whatever his dad wanted him to say to appease the media and help the golden Osborn name, and he could do it all without the media any wiser of life in the Osborn household.

But there was something different about it this time. He didn't quite feel up there. Like one look into the camera would reveal all that's been happening for the past few weeks and he'd be stripped bare by the media. The headlines would be different.

Oscorp Heir: A Trouble Kid?

Harry Osborn: Secret Revealed

Top 10 Reasons why Harry Osborn Can't Handle Being the Osborn Heir

No doubt that would add more fuel to the fire that's been burning them up as of late.

So, he tried not to think about it. Thanks to the troublesome nights he's been getting lately, his brain, body, and overall being, was losing all its fuel and was at the brink of collapsing. Like he was an old car that hadn't been assembled correctly, and if anyone so much as turned on the ignition he'd sputter out and collapse into a rusty heap.

Despite being unable to sleep a wink, it was still hard waking up in the morning, and the idea of heading back to school sounded physically painful.

Okay, so maybe he's taken a few days - weeks? - off, but could they blame him? How could he focus on math and science when his best friend had been kidnapped by an organization that he's only ever heard about in his history books? Peter needed him far more than Harry needed school, especially now that he's escaped and on the run.

Unfortunately, Harry's plan to stay in his room and come up with an actual plan to find Peter wasn't fine in his dad's point of view. Which was why Harry was now sitting in the private limo, bag tossed across the seat next to him, staring out the window as his stomach gurgled.

He'd rummaged through the fridge and cupboards for food earlier, but nothing looked appetizing, so he decided to wait until lunch. Besides, he didn't want to bother the Chef with something he wouldn't even eat, and there was no way he was going to tell his dad that he's lost his appetite. I would just spur on dad's idea that he should see Dr. Kafka again, and that was something Harry definitely didn't want to argue about with Stormin' Normin'.

Now though, he was wishing that he'd tried a little harder for breakfast.

Curling a hand around his stomach, Harry leaned against the limo door and stared at the traffic outside. Why did dad have to bring up Dr. Kafka anyway? Sure, he's been sleeping badly lately, but that was hardly a reason to call his therapist. Lot's of people had sleepless nights and they didn't need to get a head shrink for it.

Besides, having a therapist felt very...personal. He hadn't even told Peter about it and he told Peter EVERYTHING.

It's just...well...Peter was Spider-Man. He jumped off skyscrapers, fought villains, gone up into SPACE! Compared to that...Harry...Harry felt insubordinate. Peter's been through MUCH worse and he didn't need to talk to a therapist. All of those Academy students have faced off against villains and symbiotes, and none of THEM had to talk to a head shrink about their issues.