"I'm afraid...I disappointed my son..."

"Oh dear...well, I won't pry into your life, I only wanted to let you know about it. Not only that, but I wanted to know if you had a healthy relationship with him...because he's the type of person that needs nurturing, not stressful dilemmas."

"I see..." Kazuto sighed. "Thank you for letting me know. I'll take my leave now."

"Allow me to walk you out."

-
-
-

(Hiromi's POV)

"Lilith." I sighed, my hand gripping at my hair in visible frustration. "I just want to eat some goddamned food!" I glared at my kitchen, the sight of its messiness causing my frustration to increase.

"That stuff is disgusting, you're not eating that while I'm possessing your body."

"Nobody told you to possess me in the first place," I grumbled, bending down to attempt to clean up the kitchen. "And it's just Italian! I've been eating that for years."

"I did some research, do you know how many calories a jar of sauce has? I refuse to let you eat any more of it. Go vegan if you have to."

I am not going vegan. With another sigh, I began cleaning up her mess. She kept telling me about all of the unhealthy things that Italian food possessed, but I simply blocked her out. Which wasn't easy in the slightest because she communicates with me through my mind...a concept which I don't understand. If I was a demon hunter, then maybe I would understand, and maybe I would know how to get rid of her.

"Your thoughts aren't pleasant, Love."

"Stop reading my thoughts!"

In the end [after cleaning the abomination of a mess] I made aged organic milk tossed over seasoned tomato puree spread over baked whole wheat. When I told this to Lilith, she seemed satisfied, and allowed me to eat without being supervised. But what she didn't know was that I made myself some pizza. Take that, bitch. If I say I want to eat Italian, then I'm sure as hell eating Italian. I'm a stubborn person by heart, and nothing will ever change that.

After eating, I cleaned after myself, then I took a much needed shower. Now I'm on my bed, sprawled under the covers. Today was unbelieavable. So much happened. Though I can't imagine how things would've been if Nagisa was here. Lilith would have taken over my mind, taken control of my body, and hurt my son. I'm happy that he is not here. Knowing that he is with Kazuto brings some peace into my mind.

Somehow, that peace gets taken away with just one word out of Lilith.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" she asked, her voice echoed in my mind, which caused the hairs of my arms to stand on end. "It's passed your bedtime..."

"I am not a child, don't treat me like one. Since you're a demon, it's unsettling." I huffed, bringing the sheets up to cover half of my face. "I don't want to hear you, so go away."

For a second, I thought she had listened to my words, since she did not say anything else. Unfortunately for me, she was still there.

"I won't go."

The way she said that...it was as if she was making some sort of promise, and I didn't like it. She needed to go, and it does not matter how long it takes, I will find a way to get rid of her. She won't hurt my son anymore. If she hurts him again—I don't care if I'm a mere human—I will destroy her.