Your Soul ~ XXIII

3rd person. Beware
---------------------------------

Lilith lightly bit onto her fingernail as she watched her human vessel squirm in her sleep. It seemed that forcefully exiting her body caused Hiromi to catch some kind of sickness, though to Lilith it looked quite similar to withdrawal. Interesting.

The demon leaned forward until she towered over her, brushing stray locks out of her face and tugging them behind Hiromi's ear. She pouted, disappointed that she couldn't continue on with her fun. It was unfair. Honestly, she should have just remained in her body. But the selfish part of her convinced her otherwise.

She backed away, huffing out in irritation. Still, things weren't going as she expected. Not only was her plaything rebelling, but her personality also changed. She never cared for anyone other than herself, yet, here she was, keeping Lilith at bay while her brat was away. Hiromi was a confusing human, but that's one of the things she liked about her.

It's been a long time since she's seen the outside world. Lilith has been inside Hiromi for less than twenty years. So much has happened since then. Not only did her human get herself a mate, but she also got herself a child. At first, it was fine. Lilith didn't care what her human did, she just wanted to see how she would grow as time passed on.

But when Hiromi started showing way too much affection toward the child, something in Lilith snapped. She disliked how Hiromi would treat the brat. She disliked how Hiromi loved him. That's never happened before. Not with her parents, nor with her husband, but with her child.

Hiromi cared for someone other than herself, and Lilith couldn't hold back her anger. The demon had always liked pretty things, that was a fact that people should know more about. She loved pretty things. Anything sparkly, fancy, elegant, frilly, anything that described beauty, she loved it all. So when Hiromi's child grew into a beautiful human, Lilith simply couldn't help herself. At the tender age of twelve, Lilith took Nagisa's mother away.

She made Hiromi's husband go away, too. And then she began playing with her brand new plaything. It was so much fun at first, but, just like his mother, he began to rebel. That's when she figured that if manipulating him wasn't enough, she had to get physical. His cries and begs were like beautiful symphonies to her ears. The sight of his blood smeared all over his skin made him look all that more dashing.

If only he were obedient, he wouldn't have to suffer. If only Hiromi were more obedient... she wouldn't have to suffer either. Humans are so... aggravating, but so interesting all the same. She couldn't stop herself from toying with them. It was simply so much fun.

Then, Nagisa brought home a cat. A cute cat. Oh how much she adored cats. They were majestic and cunning at the same time, like her brother. But she noticed something was off about the cat. Not the color of its fur, since, well, she'd seen weirder colored fur before, but the overwhelming heat the creature produced. So familiar and so nostalgic. She thought it was her brother at first, but there were differences. The warmth was... too warm. Her brother's warmth wasn't as warm, taking his cold personality into consideration.

She knew it wasn't a normal cat. It was a demon disguised as one. She didn't interfere with the cat. Not until she learned more about it. One thing she knew for sure was that it was contracted to Nagisa. The chains were visible to her. They were contracted, they were bonded, they were untouchable. Her fun time was reduced greatly. That is, unless the demon kitty was out of the house. Then, she could have her fun, even if it was for a limited amount of time.

Lilith looked over at her human again, her squirming still in action. She leaned over again, placing her index finger and middle finger against Hiromi's forehead, and not a second later, the squirming stopped. A sweet little nightmare with a happy ending to soothe the hurt away. Lilith would never admit it aloud, but Hiromi had a... special place in her heart. Whether it was because she enjoyed painlessly torturing her, or because she was weak and only Lilith could dominate her and her surroundings, she didn't know.