Mommy's Little Ones

Start from the beginning

"I just want you close, where you can stay forever. You can be sure, that it will only get better,"  I start to sing and Jaydean beamed with excitement.

"You and me together, through the days and nights. I don't worry cause everything's gonna be alright," Jayde started to sing along with me, her high pitched toddler voice melding with mine.

"People keep talking, they can say what they like. But all I know is Everything's gonna be alright," She sang and I braked, poking her freckled little nose before continuing.

"No one, no one, no one, Can get in the way of what I'm feeling. No one, no one, no one Can get in the way of what I feel for you," I sighed and she clapped her hands together before making a rain shower with her wiggled fingers.

"When the rain is pouring down and my heart is hurting. You will always be around, This I know for certain"  She sings on her own and I'm mildly impressed by the chords she's able to strike. 

"I know some people search the world To find something like what we have. I know people will try, try to divide, something so real. So till the end of time I'm telling you there ain't no one," I pick up and she gets up and starts to twirl in her dress with her feet making little pitter patters on the hardwood floor. 

"No one, no one Can get in the way of what I'm feeling. No one, no one, no one can get in the way of what I feel for you," She giggles tossing her hair to the side and swaying like a daisy in the wind. 

"oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh,"  She breaks out into the long series of oh's and I laugh as she does her strange dance moves which she most certainly gets from me. 

"No one, can get in the way, can get in our way, no one. No one can get in the way can get in the way of what I feel for you," 

I finish the song and put the guitar to the side so I could rush up and toss her in my arms. Grateful for the most amazing human I've ever met and so happy to call her mine. I attack my daughter with strings of little kisses until she was giggling with delight and I just wanted to stay right here in the moment with her. Wishing I could keep her forever this young.

A string of clapping breaks the small moment shared between us and I look towards the doorway to find Thomas and Wesley standing there waiting for me. With Wes holding the small VCR tape recorder for Jaydean's tape collection. 

"Y'all are too cute," Thomas chuckles and Jaydean gasps, running up to them like she wasn't just with them twenty minutes prior.

"Daddy! Papa!" She squealed and hugged one of each of their legs, holding the two men hostage. What can I say? She's definitely more of a daddy's' little girl. Thomas nearly falls back but thankfully Wesley's there to quickly catch him. 

Thomas holds the doorway to stabilize himself but that wasn't why I couldn't stop staring at him. He looked so handsome with his fresh haircut and a dusty rose pink suit that clung to his broad shoulders. His gaze finally meets mine and its like time stops. 

"Come on honey, let's lets go see your grandparents," Wesley coaxes our little one off Thomas' leg and pulls her away as Thomas enters our bedroom and closes the door behind him.

"Holy shit Matty, you look-" 

A sudden burning in my gut breaks our eye contact as I end up rushing over to the bathroom and do the sexiest thing anyone could do in front of their husband on their wedding day.

Throw up all the contents of their stomach over the bathroom toilet as their fiance watches. 

Thomas gently rubs my back as I did so until it was over and I groaned with disgust and spit out the taste in my mouth while flushing.

I hover for a few seconds before Thomas gets to his knees with me and I swipe my lips with the towel he hands me. 

"Hey baby are you okay? Have you been feeling sick all day?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I feel like this shit just came...out of...nowhere..." I paused, a sudden moment of fear mixed with excitement clenching my gut as I did so. I looked at Thomas and he looked at me with his jaw dropped to the fucking floor. And our next sentence was in complete unison. 

"Holy shit," 

~The End Of The Secret Between Us~

~Meet me in the sequel 'This is Us' OUT NOW!~