3. Keeper of Lies

"Damn Matty, what's gotten into you?" 

MaXX asked as he trailed a single finger across my collarbone and up into my shoulder blades.

"What do you mean?" I ask and he shifts a little on the bed so he was leaning against his elbow.

"You know exactly what I mean. There's something different about you. You seem tense," He mentions and I shove his wondering hand away.

"I'm not tense, I've just been under a lot of stress recently," I admit and he chuckles beside me.

"You mean you're tense," He reiterates and in the semi-darkness of his bedroom, I rolled my eyes, lazily sitting up and stretching.

"You're leaving already?" He groans and I smack his bare chest.

"Apparently I'm too tense for you," I grumble and try to get up but he latches his arms around my waist in a bear hug and pulls me back to him, gently kissing my lower back sending shivers down my spine. 

"I never said that and you know it. I'm just worried about you is all," He sighs into my back and finally lets me go after some prying.

"Is this your attempt at being a sappy boyfriend or something? Cause it's not working," I chuckle as I slip on my underwear and t-shirt first which had been thrown to the floor in some aggressive passionate sex which now burned like hell.

"No, I'm coming at you as a concerned friend, alright? Don't get it twisted now," He quickly corrects me and I shake my head. 

"I'm fine Maximilian," I grunt as I slip on my skinny jeans and he seethes.

"You know I don't like it when anyone uses my full name," He says and I lean over, gently kissing his cheek. 

"Then stop asking me if I'm okay," I nearly growl and he finally backs off. 

"Whatever floats your boat, but don't say I didn't care," He says with a shrug and looks down on the ground.

"What's that?" He asks and looks down at the floor at the same time as me to see my sonogram lying face down on the floor.

"Nothing, just a list of shit my sister wanted me to do," I quickly lie as I tug on my jacket, ready to do the walk of shame back to my car.  

"See you next time?" He asks and I lick my lips.

"We'll see," I leave him hanging and leave his house, hopping back into my sports car but before I pull out, I call my favorite bodyguard on Bluetooth.

"Good evening, Matthias," A deep, crackled, British accent comes through the speakers as I turn on the car.

"Jesus Christ Wes, you sound like shit," I comment as I pull onto the road, still wanting my Taco Bell which I couldn't get early cause I had other things to eat.

"Did you call me just to insult me?" He asks in that crackled voice that makes me aww for the poor bodyguard.

"No, I'm not an asshole all the time, you know that. I wanted to check and see how you're doing, I'm also ordering taco bell and I would get you some but it's not like you would be able to taste it anyway," I tell him honestly and he chuckles a little, but his chuckle turns into a massive cough attack and I felt like it was so strong that the sickness might get me through my subwoofers. 

"Awww, Wesley, no really don't die because of me now," I say before ordering like 10 hard shelled tacos and two crunch wraps with a Baja blasts through the window. What? I'm feeding two people, right? Don't fucking judge me.

"I promise I won't," He groans and I can hear him shift in his bed.

"Alright, I'll be home in a few minutes and take care of you okay?" I hint and I could already hear him starting to fight me on this but it was too bad that I dropped the call before he could say another word.