11

Maya walked around Hogwarts. She saw Harry and smiled. Hermione motioned for her to go over. "Umbridge is on to us. We're changing the meeting place," she said.

Maya nodded. "Okay. I can try to work something out. My sister knows I'm a part of the DA. She won't say anything. She wants me safe," she told her.

"Great. Maybe talk to Mia about joining. We've all seen how protective she is of you. Draco too," Hermione said. She knew she was pushing her luck but she wanted as many Slytherins in the DA as possible. She wanted to show interhouse cooperation.

Maya shrugged. "I'll talk to Mia but don't expect anything from Draco. Yes he is protective of me but he won't join. Especially with Umbridge starting her own little club," she told her.

***
Mia looked up as Maya sat down next to her. She had a smile. Mia knew she wanted something. "The answer is no."

"You don't even know what I'm going to ask you," Maya said as she took out her parchment.

Mia groaned. "Why do I get the feeling I'm going to regret telling mother I'd do whatever I can for you?" She asked.

Maya smiled. "Okay, I need you to join the DA with me. They want Slytherins now," she said.

Mia shook her head. "No. No way. I love you Maya but I can't do that," she told her.

Maya nodded. She stood up and walked away. She knew she shouldn't have asked Mia. But she hoped that Mia would be there for her.

***
Maya sat at dinner. She was sitting alone. She didn't want anyone to be around her. Mia sat down next to her. "Look, if I join, I'll end up killing Weasley and then you'll be alone," she said.

Maya shrugged. She ate what she felt like. Mia sighed again. "I'll attend one meeting. But I'm telling you, if i have to hex Ronald Weasley, I'm blaming you," she said in an attempt to lighten the mood.

Maya shook her head. "Don't join just cause I'm in a bad mood. I just wanted someone there for me," she said.

Mia took her sisters hand. "I'm going to be here for you Maya. You're my little sister and I love you. Besides, how else am I going to be able to cast curses at a Weasley and get away with it?" She said with a grin.

Maya giggled. "Thank you. I love you."

***
Maya snuck out of the common room. She was meeting Harry and Hermione. "Well?"

"I've talked to my sister and she's going to join. But no one can say anything about her. She's risking everything," Maya said.

Harry nodded but Hermione grinned. "Brilliant! We can finally get some inter-house cooperation," she said.

***
Maya walked back to the common room. She walked down into the dungeon. Her father stepped out of the shadows. "Daddy?"

Lucius smiled. "I have found you a husband."

"What? Who?"

Lucius smiled. "Lord Voldemort..."