10

Maya was attending her first Dumbledore's Army meeting. She was anxious and didn't think anyone would want her there. Harry had assured her he would keep her safe.

When morning came, Maya went down to the common room. She saw her sister talking with Snape. "Morning."

Snape soon left. Mia turned to her. "Morning Maya. Everything okay?" She asked.

Maya nodded. "Yeah. Can I talk to you later? Please."

"You know you can. I'm always here for you," Mia said.

***
Maya went to breakfast. She looked over as Harry motioned for her to follow him. She stood up and left the great hall. Harry smiled. "After dinner tonight. I'll meet you and take you in with me," he said.

Maya nodded. "Okay. What if people only think I'm there cause I'm spying for Umbridge or Voldemort?" She asked.

"I'll tell Ron and Hermione the truth. I always do. Hermione will accept you. Ron will take some time but it will be fine," Harry told her.

"Okay."

***
Maya wanted to tell her sister. She didn't want to hide this from her. Mia smiled. "What's up? Come to tell me you're having Baby Potter?" She asked.

"I've joined the DA. I'm an idiot. I know I am. But I don't think I'm safe," Maya mumbled.

Mia was shocked. She wasn't expecting it. But she knew herself she wanted Maya to be safe. "It's going to be okay. I promise you."

"Is it? Cause if father finds out or Voldemort, I'm dead. I may as well cast the killing curse on myself," Maya said.

Mia sighed. "I won't let anyone hurt you. Not Voldemort. Not even Father," she told her.

***
All too soon, Maya made her way to the meeting spot with Harry. He was standing there with a smile on his face. "Ready?" He asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she mumbled. She was nervous. "I-I don't think I can do this."

Harry sighed and took her hand. "It's all going to be fine. I promise you," he told her.

***
Harry opened up the room of requirement. Ron looked up and smiled. But he soon lost the smile when he saw Maya. "Harry! Watch out!" He yelled.

Harry sighed. "Ron, she's with me. She's joining us. She wants to fight against Voldemort. I told you. She's different to the other Malfoy's."

Seamus looked up. "If Harry can trust her, so can I."

***
The meeting had gone well. Harry and Hermione has made everyone swear to not tell about Maya joining the DA as they knew she would be a target.

Maya walked back to the common room. She saw Mia waiting. "How was it? They won't tell no one you were there will they?"

Maya shook her head. "No. Harry made them take a vow. Not an unbreakable vow. But none of them can say I was there," she said.

Mia nodded and held her sister close. She knew things were going to be hard for Maya. But she had to keep her safe. Especially knowing what her father and Voldemort had planned for her.