Chapter 48

I pushed through Zayn and threw my bag on the floor, charging for the car. My heart ached with hurt and disappointment. I hated myself for trusting Niall. I should've know there would always going to be things like this that happen; chances that he may have fallen for one of the millions of girls drooling over every breath they took. A hand clenched my wrist, digging their fingernails into my skin.

"Let go of me!" I screamed disgusted. I could feel anger heating up inside my tear-stained face.

"Sonia, please! It's not what you think!" Niall pleaded as he ran towards me but I was fed up.

"I never should have fucking trusted you!" I hopped in the car and left him standing there in the pouring rain.

I stepped on the gas and I would stop for no one. I was done being used and lied to. I just wanted it all to be over. I wanted all the pain to go away.

Within seconds, I could feel the glass shattering from the window and clawing its way into my flesh. I was immediately engulfed in water. Surrounding me, the current quickly pulling me under, showing no mercy. I finally felt safe.

*Harry's POV*

I hadn't stopped biting my nails since we found Sonia's car in the river. The only thing that was keeping me from crying was Niall. If he couldn't be strong, we'd have to be strong for him. Even though I knew none of it was Niall's fault, part of me wanted so desperately to slap him as hard as I could for letting Sonia get away. Now none of us could predict her fate. We didn't even know if the divers found her dead or alive. I couldn't picture it. The doctor walking out as if he gave two shits whether she lived or died, and gave us the heart-wrenching news. I just couldn't.

"Please!" Niall screamed at the doctors at the desk, "Just tell me what fucking room she's in damn it!" he used his arm to push everything off the counter as security came rushing over, urging him to either calm down or he'd be escorted out. I held my head in my hands. This was my fault. All those times I was snobby or rude to her- it was all my fault.

*Niall's POV*

The rest of the boys finally fell asleep in the lobby. I could tell the nurses were halfway tempted to give me tranquilizers for my 'obnoxious outbursts and dangerous attempts at starting fights with random passerbys'.

"LET ME SEE HER!" I clawed at the two men holding the gourney with Sonia- once so vivid, so full of passion; now all that was left was a pale, lifeless soul. Liam grabbed my arm and I nearly elbowed him in the face. "LET GO OF ME."

"DAMN IT NIALL JUST FUCKING STOP! IT'S NOT IN YOUR CONTROL ANYMORE. YOU CAN'T CAUSE ANYMORE DAMAGE." Harry spat as he pulled me away from the ambulence. My eyes stang with hurt and grieve. Did he really blame me for all this?

"Why would you say that?! God, Harry you can be such a fucking prick!" Zayn pushed Harry out of his way as he charged back to the car. I just stood there; motionless. I didn't even want to move. I didn't want to breathe. I knew Harry was right, in the long run. If I would've never let things get out of hand with Ava, none of this would've ever happened.

*********

author's note; hey guys. so i worked on the update a couple days ago but never got around to finish it until now, but hey now this chapter is done. i didn't really know how this 'scene' was going to turn out, but i hope you guys have been liking it! thanks so much everyone! x