Chapter 47

*Niall's POV*

We strutted down the side of the strip mall in downtown London into a shop full of bright neon-colored clothing. Simon had explained that all we had to do was be seen by a couple of camera crews to spotlight the fake story, yet every extra second I spent with Ava felt long and tormenting. She grabbed my hand and pulled me across the store to the section with lingerie and I immediately objected.

"Come on! It's for publicity, sweetie!" she squealed obnoxiously close to my face. I put on a fake smile and said, "Yeah, as friends...sweetie." I growled the 'sweetie' a little more repulsively than I meant to, but at this point I just wanted to go back home to Sonia and the boys. I'd only been out with Ava for an hour, but that hour was one-too many.

"Hold her hand, laugh a lot, and don't forget to buy her something sweet." Simon listed as he slipped a  ₤50 into my pocket.

"Still doing this out of pity."

"It's gonna be fine, Niall. Just one date."

"It is NOT a date," I menaced in his face.

Sonia approached me with a perky expression as the rest of the boys piled into the SUV, "Have fun, babe." She kissed my cheek and waved, climbing in afterwards. I reluctantly unlocked the red ferrari Simon lent me and mentally prepared for the soon-to-be longest day of my life. 

Mine and Simon's coversation replayed through my brain. 'Hold her hand'. A sigh escaped my lips and I lightly clasped Ava's fingers. She grinned as though she didn't expect it; my worst fear was her thinking that I actually had feelings for her. Some people get too starstruck. The only thing that really kept me energized on this date was Sonia's words from before. And the fact that I would be able to see everyone after this was all over. 'Just one date.'

At about 8:00 pm when dusk started enveloping the sky, I led Ava back to the car. My phone buzzed in my back pocket as we both lugged back. 

'Are you still out? If yes, I want you to take her back to Harry's and leave the curtains open. You don't have to pull any funny business, just cuddle or whatever it is that kids do these days. Sorry, Nialler. Night's almost over.' Simon was really starting to piss me off. I slammed my hands against the steering wheel, earning a gasp from Ava. 'Everything's gonna be alright, Nialler' I heard Sonia's voice singing along through my thoughts. We drove to the address in complete silence. A much-needed silence. After the annoying flashes of the paps and the high-pitched screeches that was her voice, I just needed peace and quiet.

I assumed Simon had warned everyone what was going on so we walked through the door and settled on the couch. Ava walked over and looked through Harry's film selection and ended up chooses Love Actually, popping it into the dvd player. What a fun day.

*Sonia's POV*

"And when the girls jumped out the window, my god," I laughed as Zayn, Louis, and I pulled up into the driveway. We'd decided to go see Woman in Black at the theatre while Niall was on his little date. I laughed at myself for calling it a date. I was so glad to finally see Niall later on. Maybe watch another scary movie just so I can have an excuse to cuddle with him. I took the key out of the ignition and ran in through Harry's front door as it started to pour, Lou and Zayn following closely behind. Nothing would prepare me for what I seen next.

***********************

author's note: i would continue writing but the chapters getting longish. cliffhanger, eh :). i love all you guys that have gotten me to 6500+ reads, and who votes, and comments. i feel so special when i go to my story and see all the nice comments :) anyway, the story is gonna be ending in a few chapters but i have an idea for another fic i wanna start and for the sequel so hopefully we can get it to 10000? ive had hw every day since school started, otherwise i wouldve updated sooner. hope you guys are liking it! :)