Chapter 16

Our room was enormous.

"I-uh think we got the wrong room," I blurted dropping my backpack and running over to the hockey table.

"Ha, nope. We asked for bigger rooms since we're going to be in LA for a while." he went straight for the mini fridge. Wow, didn't see that coming.

"Do the rest of the guys have the same kind of room?"

"Yeah, they're next door. Liam and Louis have the room to our right and Harry, Hannah, and Zayn have the room to our left." I was too busy drooling over the flatscreen and the huge dvd collection to listen.

*******

"DON'T FUCKIN DO IT YOU DUMB CHILD." I yelled at the TV screen. Niall stopped eating his popcorn and wrapped his arms around me. I have to admit, it was a great excuse to get Niall to cuddle with me, but don't get me wrong; this movie still scared the living shit out of me.

"You see, when Samara crawls out of her screen I will laugh so don't say I didn't warn you homegirl." I said. Niall laughed and let go of me to get more popcorn. As the movie progressed and I got closer to peeing my pants, Niall did the yawn-and-stretch as I laughed, "Not really the movie, but uh I'll go with it." He grinned as I clamped onto his finger that was resting over my shoulder.

When the closet door opened and the creepy little bitch was inside, I screamed bloody murder and ran into the the bathroom and shut the door, hoping it would be enough to seperate me from any possible screens. To scare Mr. Impossible, I quietly tip-toed over behind the couch and flipped my hair over.

"Overwhelmed yet?" I whispered so disturbingly I kinda freaked myself out.

"Ha cute costume." he joked, not even the least bit frightened.

"YOU ARE INCONCIEVABLE." I stomped over to the bedroom where Niall set my belongings when I realized there was only one bed.

"Uhh-"

"Don't stress babe. I'll take the the couch." Niall said turning off the television and walking towards the room to grab an extra blanket from the closet. I stopped him in his tracks.

"It's fine. I don't mind if you don't."

He smiled and nodded while pushing the blanket back onto the shelf. I walked over the the bed, noticing another flatscreen. I went back to the closet for the blanket and threw it over the TV Niall laughed and shook his head.

"What? I'm not taking any chances!" I shut the door and crawled into the california king bed next to him. He sat up against the headboard checking his phone.

For hours, we just talked. It felt better than the first time at the mall. I felt like I knew him better so it made him a million times easier to talk to. But there was still one thing on my chest I needed to let out before the perfect opportunity slipped away.

"Um, so Niall?" I heaved a breath.

"Yeah babe?"

"Can I tell you really why I snapped and know that you won't tell a soul?" I already knew the answer.

"Of course."

"After I got back on the bus and isolated myself, I checked my twitter. Every single mention was negative. 'You're ugly', 'you're fat', 'you're worthless'. And I get that I shouldn't let it get to me, but I've had to take so much shit in my lifetime, I just can't anymore. After seeing everything, you really start to believe them and give into the pressure." Niall reached across the bed and squeezed my hand as I continued with blurred vision," It's just that someone can only take so much before they crack. I'm trying to tell myself to ignore it, but that's all that I can think about. It's been taking over my dreams too. But you know they say 'Once you hit rock bottom, you can only go up right?'"

"That's right. Just let me say this, I know how you feel. I get it all the time, but you wanna know what you do? You kill them with kindness. All the haters? The only thing that keeps them going is seeing you broken. They get satisfaction out of emotionally draining people. So what I want you to do from now on is laugh it off. Don't cry, don't be sad; just smile." he smiled a genuine smile. He was right. I shouldn't let it get to me because they're just jealous they don't have such an amazing person looking after them.

I stared into his deep blue eyes for a minute, saying thank you without even needing words.

"You know how nice that is to hear coming out of someone elses mouth other than my mom?" I laughed. He sighed leaning back on the pillow, not loosening the grip on our intertwined fingers, "Ahh, parents."

I have to say, at that very moment I was halfway tempted to jump on top of him and never let go.