I will protect you [Miyawaki Sakura]

"I hereby announce that Y/N will be promoted to a Royal Guard!"

I bow to the King as he sat calmly on his throne, "Thank you, Your Majesty."

I went back to my room and sat on the round table and have a cup of water.

Someone knocked lightly on the door, giving me a surprise. "Come in!"

"Greetings, Your Majesty wants to have a word with you in his room."

I stood up and followed the advisor to the King's room.

I lightly knocked on the door and heard a faint 'come in' before opening the doors wide enough for me to enter.

"Ah, Y/N. You're here! I need to have a word with you, sit."

I obeyed the King as I listened out for what he wanted to say.

"I know that you have been working for me since I took you under my wing and I know you are trustworthy so, I entrust you with protecting my daughter. Will you do that for me?"

I kneel down in front of him and placed my hand over my heart, "I promise!"

I am now at the garden, kicking the pebbles that I spot on the ground.

Well, now I am given the role of the Princess's royal Guard the burden sure is heavy.

At that moment, I heard a familiar voice nearby. I looked up and saw the Princess at the pond, looking at the fishes.

I walked towards her and bowed down, "Greetings, Princess."

"O-oh, uh...at ease..." The princess nervously said.

The princess was away from the country for a short while because she had to go to a certain country to deal with some matters.

So I guess she isn't used to having this kind of treatment from someone in a while.

"I forgot to introduce myself...I am Y/N and I am here to serve you as a Royal Guard."

"Pleasure to meet you, Y/N. I am Miyawaki Sakura, 2nd Daughter of the King."

An awkward silence fell upon us, "I guess I shall take my leave first..."

"Allow me to follow you, Princess." The Princess nodded and walked off as I followed behind with her maids following as well.

She reached her room and bid me goodbye as I waited for her to enter her room, she suddenly and turned around.

"Have I, perhaps, met you before?" The princess stated with a shy smile.

"I am not so sure of that, princess..."

"Uh...drop the formalities...call me Sakura will do..."

"T-That won't do!" I got flustered suddenly because she told me to drop the formalities, which I have never done before.

Sakura giggled, "I insist, Y/N. Alright, I'll go in now. Thanks Y/N!"

"My pleasure, Princess...I mean- Sakura."

Sakura smiled at me one last time before entering her room.

I left the place and headed for my room. As I walked to my room, I was thinking of what Sakura said earlier.

"Have I, perhaps, met you before?" I shook that thought off, but then again, she does look familiar to me.

But I mean, I started to work at the palace 2 years ago and the Princess left the palace and went somewhere 2 years ago.

She didn't return to the palace since then so it is impossible that I saw her in the palace.

I sat on the round table and poured tea for myself before taking a tiny sip.