Chapter 9: Trapped in a Daydream

Roman walked alone through the forest, holding his sword steady. "Logan? Patton? Thomas? Where are you?!" He bellowed out. He wasn't best when it came to stressful situations and being separated from the group was something that he wasn't used to.

"AHHHH ROMAN SANDERS! COME FOR A REMATCH I SEE?!" A booming voice echoed throughout the forest.

"God damn it..." Roman muttered to himself.

"LANGUAGE ROMAN! WOULDN'T WANT THOMAS TO HEAR YOU LIKE THAT!" the voice continued to boom at Roman.

"Like you're one to talk!" Roman shouted back at it. Roman distinctly remembered having to save Valerie from this thing and it saying "FUCK YOU" to her.

"ALWAYS SO DRAMATIC ROMAN! LET'S SAY THIS, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO BEAT ME, I'LL LET YOU MOVE ALONG AND FIND YOUR FRIENDS! IF NOT... I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ON THE SPOT." The dragon witch's voice was smooth, almost hypnotic.

Roman rolled his eyes so hard he felt like they might pop out of his head, "Fine... only because I'm on a time crunch here."

Roman raised his sword towards the beast and started to run.

Logan was sitting on the dirt in front of a book. He seemed perfectly at peace until he saw a sphinx sprawled in front of him. "Wow... can't seem to have any other interesting ideas do you Deceit?" Logan asked without even glancing up from his book.

"Do you want to play a game?" the sphinx asked him.

"Not really. I'm trying to come up with an idea to save my friend. So if you don't mind-" Logan stood up and started to walk away from the creature.

"I know where Virgil is." it said.

"I'm sure I can manage without your assistance, I have never failed Thomas." Logan was still walking away.

"Fine." it said.

Logan sighed and before he could even take a step forward he found himself in a large maze. "There are several clues here Logan to help you find your way. But some of them are traps, 3 traps and... you lose!" The sphinx giggled.

Logan rolled his eyes. He took a step forward. A pesistal with a book and a quill in ink next to it appeared in front of Logan. He walked over to it, a riddle was on it.

I have a tail, and I have a head, but i have no body. I am NOT a snake. What am I?

Logan rolled his eyes as he snatched the quill and started to write on the page.

"A coin. Obviously. Let's have something a little harder next time?" Logan talked to the book.

The ink disappeared and another riddle showed up.

Pronounced as one letter,/And written with three,/Two letters there are,/And two only in me./I'm double, I'm single,/I'm black, blue, and gray,/I'm read from both ends,/And the same either way./What am I?

Logan wrote in the book again.

"An eye. Even Roman would be able to figure this out." the book sunk into the dirt, leaving a clear path for Logan.

"Very clever Logan... but now it's time to see if your physical prowess is as impressive as your mind." it said.

"Ohhh shit." Logan said to himself. Three large dogs with fanged teeth, drooling what looked like acid were growling at him. They started to bark and were pawing the ground.