"Are you ok? What did he say? What happened ?" He asked All to harsh and quick for me.
I pushed his hands from my face and sat down continuing to work.

If he wanted to continuously disappear without notice like I was his employee, before his girlfriend then I would do the same. Turning to my computer I continued to work as I spoke to him.

"Nothing really, a man and some of his goons were sitting in the waiting room when I arrived, they didn't have an appointment so I called you... he came in and snatched the phone while I was talking to you, said some weird things, kissed my cheek-which I did retaliate by hitting him in the head with a metal ball" I quickly added. "And he left". I said simply

"Why aren't you looking at me ?" He asked, almost strained.

"I am working, is there anything you need?" I asked glancing at him, as I continued to type. When no answer came I continued with my work.

"Why are you being like this Ryan?"

"Haha" I laughed, looking up at him. "Oh you're serious" I said sobering up quickly. "If I left your house, while you were sleeping and did not leave a note or wake you to tell you. You would have lost you mind!" I said standing and poking him in his chest ",but not only that... I decline your calls and only text you when I need to say something ! None if these things pertaining to where I am, why I left, or when I am coming back ! You keep treating my only like your employee and that's what I'll be !" I finished crossing my arms over my chest.

He yanked my hand from its position causing me to ram into him.

"Unhand me Grey !" I struggled in his grasp.

"Stop threatening our relationship!" He stayed through clenched teach.

"You're the one threatening it! I'm just stating where your actions will lead... I don't ask for much at all. I don't want you money, your fame, or a huge position in this company. I don't even want to live with you, but what I do need is communication. For you to treat me like your partner. I am not you child, you can not choose what I need to hear. If it will affect me in any way, shape, or form I need to know! Or we can not do this... period" I said trying to get out of his hold. "Let go of me" I said softly.

"Ryan, I'm sorry." He said softly.

"You're not... if you were you wouldn't have done it again. I told you the first time you disappeared and the only reason you came back was because there was another man here." I said plopping down into my seat and placing my hands over my face.

"I swear I won't do it again, where you go I go." He said kneeling down in front of me with his hands on my thighs.

"Let's hope not, because I promise I'm better at the disappearing act." I stated simply
I know he didn't like this answer, but he shook his head in understanding. Standing he put his hand out for me to grab.

"What?" I asked him

"Come on, let go get lunch"

I pushed my chair back and stood on my own, grabbing my bag and walking past him to the door of my office, through this office to the elevator. I wasn't going to deny him lunch, I was slightly hungry and I most definitely missed him. Even if he was a jerk and should have said goodbye.

"Ryan..." He said almost warning me.

"Mr.Grey" I jabbed back not heeding it...

As soon as the doors opened I was pressed against the wall. My back to the cold wall and chest to chest with Jace.

"Don't" he warned

"Don't what?"I gritted out

"Ryan,I said sorry. What else do you want from me?"

"I heard what you said, and i heard it the last time too. I want action. So, let's be professional. I'm still on the clock" I said rolling my eyes as I step away from him.

We both exited the the elevator and building, walking to the parking deck. I walked to his car and enter the passenger door that he opened for me.

"Thank you" I muttered.

A few minutes down the roads we arrived at a fancy restaurant. Looking in the mirror I made sure my ponytail was presentable. Not noticing that we were at ballet and Jace was at my door waiting for me to exit. I grabbed his out stretched hand and walk into the restaurant one step behind him. We were seated in a back booth that had plenty of privacy.

Jace ordered for the both of us seeing my confusion as I read the menu. We were both deep in thought and it was irking me. It wasn't until the food arrived that I actually did something. I got and walked to Jaces side of the booth. Sitting beside him, I rest my head on his shoulder. Looking up at his face.

"I'm off the clock," I said in a joking way. "Listen Jace, I love you. I really do, we've been through a bit in this last six months, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon as long as you communicate with me. I do not want to feel like I am in a relationship with myself half the time. I know you'll need space and so will I, but you can not just leave without warning. You have my feelings to think about. When you make decisions, you can't be selfish anymore. If you don't think about me in the end you won't have me to think about. I'm a lot of things and shy isn't one. The only time I'm shy is when I'm with you, and I don't want to feel like my feelings are going unheard. So, I need you to think about that, and act on it. Not just say sorry. Show me ..." I said looking into his eyes as I said every single word. "And I know that you're going through a lot right now... with the business, your brother, and now your dad business, but if this is too much for you right now just tell me. I will understand, but don't put distance between us." I finished standing to move my plate to the place I was now sitting.

I wasn't too hungry, but I knew I should eat. After a few bites, Jace spoke.

"I love you too, first off. You're right, I've never had a care in the world what anyone thought about me until you, but I am going to prove that I can be everything you need and more. I'm sorry my communication skills are not where they should be, but no, we can not take a break. I need you to know some things about my family and why I hid you from them." He said

"You mean them from me ? I didn't even know you had a brother..." I said looking up from my plate.

"No, I meant what I said... are you ready to see the business I am now going to have to take over ?"

"Yes..."

Published Dec 13 2018