What?

Since we all haven't seen each other and haven't had some quality time together in so long, we took Tyler out. I'm seeing him in a totally new light. He was at no choice and honestly, what he went through is much worse than the few punches and harsh words I got from him. He never went to the extent of forcing himself on me.

 And I forgive him, fully, because he's not a bad person. He was beyond controlling himself and I understand. I'm not saying what he did was good, just that it was understandable because he was going through so many repressed thoughts and his mentality wasn't intact. 

He wasn't himself.

Turning myself and looking at the back seat I see Tyler sleeping. His head rested on Dylan's shoulder who himself was analyzing Tyler, a look of concentrated wonder on his face for the boy who went through so much. Too much.

I smiled at the scene and turned front, reaching out my hand and placing it on Karson's knee, then leaning over the console to give him a kiss to take the frown off his face. 

Right after my lips came in contact with his cheek, he broke out in a grin and looked at me before looking back at the road, still smiling. 

After about half an hour, we reached Dylan's place. That place was big alright. It was particularly massive for just a family of four and a bullmastiff. We got out of the car.

I looked back at Dylan and saw that he was carrying Tyler. I smirked at him. "Oi, stop that. He's tired and I don't wanna wake 'im." I put my hand up in a surrendering way, still smirking when Karson's hand creeped around my waist and soft lips pressed to the back of my neck, effectively sending a shudder down my spine. 

Dylan rolled his eyes at us. Muttering something about hormonal gay boys and rutting.

He carried Tyler into his house, us following.

Thud, thud, thud.

Lexi came bounding down the stairs, wagging her massive tail at seeing me. She rushed forward and I fell down on my knees to catch the mammoth dog about to hurl herself on me. It's been too long and I missed her because she's the cutest most laziest dog ever. She had a big pink polka dotted bow on her equally pink collar. This was unquestionably Sarah's doing, Dylan's 10 year old, sassy, adopted little sister that loves pink and all things polka dots. 

Lexi's "hug" was a little too harsh and I fell right back onto the floor while she went around my side and licked my face with doggy slobber. Yuck.

I hear Karson snickering at me from above and I push Lexi off me and get up. Glaring at my boyfriend I walked backwards to the bathroom in the living room, maintaining eye contact with him, still glaring while he laughed his ass off at my expression. 

I got in the bathroom and washed my face thoroughly. When I went back out Karson was sitting on the couch talking to someone. His eyebrows were furrowed. 

"Mum, calm down. What's wrong? Mum stop crying. Okay. I'm coming home because you are not telling me what's wrong." He said into the phone and hung up, still frowning and locked his gaze on me. 

"What's wrong? I asked. "I don't know Kay, something's wrong, mum's crying and I need to go home." He said while getting up. "I'm coming with you." I say and he nods, perplexed.

I send a text to Dylan letting him know that we are leaving after I got into the car. Karson sped home, no cares for the speed limit at all. His Challenger roaring at the increased speed. 

We got there in no time at all. 

Geez. This guy is worse than me driving my car on sugar rush. 

We both got out of the car and Karson just about ran in, walking into the house we heard sobbing in the living room. We walked in and I took a double take.

Sitting there on the couch with Karson's crying mother was ...Mrs Higgins?

What the fuck?!

And why is she crying? She looks terrible.

I look at Karson who looks so lost. What the hell is happening?

"Baby, come s-sit please?" Karson's mum choked out, her voice breaking at the end. It's always been just the two of them. Karson's sister was quite older than him and had moved away for college when he was small. Karson never had a dad so his mum means the world to him.

Karson walked forward, taking calculated steps before plopping down next to his mother. I stood there, scared, not knowing what the heck is going to happen and why no one's asking any questions on why our art teacher is in the room with bloodshot eyes and a red face with dark circles lining her usually bright but now lifeless eyes.

Karson's mum looked at him and started sobbing again and Karson looked shocked, his gaze turning to me, full of questions. I stare right back,

His mum wipes her face and places a hand on his knee. "I have something to tell you dear." She said, trying her best to keep her composure. "Please don't hate me for this baby, please try to understand", she said, her voice breaking from here and there. 

The tension in the room seemed to increase as Mrs Higgins sucked in a breath and my muscles instantly tautened. This is not going to be anything good. And then Mrs. Hill uttered the words that would prove Karson's life to be a lie.

Her glistening eyes locked on Karson's confused ones.

"You're not biologically my boy." She whispered.