The Unexpected

Karson was cuddled up in my blanket, curled up in a fetal position with a little, tiny scrunched up face. I almost squealed like a little girl at the sight. I sauntered over to my drawer that contained my joggers with my towel around my waist. I opened it. Shut it way too hard that caused an almost deafening noise to surround my quiet room. Karson's eyes shot open and he sat up on bed as fast as a lightning bolt, all while I was looking at him with an apologetic smile on my face for waking him up so suddenly.

"Geez Kayden you could have just given me a kiss if you wanted my company so bad. I can assure you I would have woken up in your account." He stated with a smirk followed by a wink.

I, as naturally as always, went red in the face. Burning at his choice of words. "I'm so sorry Karson I didn't mean to wake you up so rudely. I'm a klutz." I replied sheepishly. 

I watched Karson's eyes move from my eyes to my torso, excruciatingly slow. " Are you checking me out Mr. Bad Boy?" I asked with a grin adorning my face.

God, I never expected him to do and say what he did next.

"Maybe I was. Maybe I still am." He whispered, almost inaudible, causing a shiver to run down my spine. He got up off the bed and walked over to me, I remained put. His hands caught hold of my neck, thumbs before my ear. The ghost of his exhale made me forget where I was. He brought his face forward and connected our foreheads together. Our breath mingling happily. My eyes were shut. I didn't know what to do! 

I opened my eyes to see Karson's deep eyes looking at me with care and dare I say - love. My breath got caught in my throat. "Can I kiss you Kay?" He questioned with a vulnerable expression.

I didn't say anything.  I just connected our lips together. This was nothing like the dream I had. Karson was careful, gentle, his lips were moving against mine so very slowly, timidly.

I pulled away and connected our foreheads once again, giving his nose a little peck. He was breathing hard. "I like you Kay." He breathed and with that he pulled my face back up and kissed me again. There was nothing timid or innocent about this kiss. He wanted it and he wasn't being subtle about showing it.

Oh holy hell please save my soul from this boy.