Memories

My loved sleep was halted when that goddamn alarm clock started blaring in my ears. I woke straight up, I do not like mornings, no one can convince me otherwise. Happy morning people in general pissed me off, also know as Dylan, my godforsaken best friend. I recalled some dumb comment that he made and got off of my bed to freshen up.

I walked into my ensuite and took a moment to process my shuffled dirty blonde hair stuck on my angular face adorned with a light dusting of freckles. My sweatpants rode low on my hips exposing my toned midriff. I am what most people would call attractive. I get a lot of attention from girls at school but it never mattered to me. I was closed off and didn't let anyone in other than Dylan and Conner

I brushed my teeth, stripped my last article of clothing and got into the shower. The warm water soothed my running mind. Easing me, calming me into getting my mind straight; ironic, I know. I let my mind drift off to the echoes of laughter and the sound of water drenching me from the hose while he chuckled loudly. I miss him, I'm strong enough to admit that.

After I got out of the shower and dried myself, I got into some ripped, black skinny jeans and a periwinkle t-shirt with my trusty Vans and finished the look off with a black leather jacket. I ran downstairs and greeted my parents who were snuggled up on the couch drinking coffee. I grabbed my sandwich and rushed to the garage where my Audi TT rested, got in and raced off to school.

Ugh. I don't like school. I have no explanation as to but why most of the time I can come up with lists. I slung my school bag over my shoulder after I got out of my car and walked down the halls toward my locker.

"Goddamn boy did your momma leave you on the side of the road? Because you look like you had to walk all the way here." I heard the baritone voice of my best friend, my ears also didn't fail to notice the light chuckles that rang after Dylan's little sentence. Conner came and slung his arm over my shoulder. "Mornin' dude you sure do look like shit today, you alright?" "Yeah I'm good," I said and emitted a small breather.

"We have Chemistry right?" Dylan inquired. I nodded and took my text book out of my locker. I walked past the place like it didn't mean nothing at all to me, a mere distant memory. I went into class ignoring all the giggling girls. One of them looked me straight into my eyes and smiled a genuine smile. I smiled back and she beamed.

I zoned out of Mr. Smith's explanation within a matter of ten minutes and my stubborn brain, once again, drifted off to think about that wretched boy who ruined my life.

God forbid I ever forget him. I just want him gone. He already left physically. I'm simply waiting for the moment where I leave him emotionally as well.