For Now

By the time I had stopped speaking, Tyler's mum was was in his dad's arms, wetting his baby pink shirt, clawing and wailing at it. Micheal had so many emotions on his face to the point that it was indecipherable. But there was one emotion that was most prominently displayed by the shiny eyes threatening to spill tears. 

Sadness.

It was evident by the way he was clutching onto his wife, speechless and staring at a horrified and scared Tyler.

He gently peeled his crying wife off of him and placed her on a chair. He walked forward to where Tyler was and he reached out his hand, Tyler flinched, taking a step back, afraid.

This was the last straw for Micheal as the tears started falling from his reddened eyes.

"Son." He whispered, voice broken as he reached forward once again. This time Tyler stayed put but his eyes were still closed. He grabbed his broken child and crushed him to himself. Running his hand up and down Tyler's back, attempting to comfort his now sobbing son who was holding onto his father for dear life.

I felt like I was intruding something so personal, it isn't my place to be here in such fragile family moment, so walked out of the kitchen and into the living room where Karson and Dylan were. They both looked up at the sound of my footsteps, both of them anxious and tapping their feet. 

I went over to Karson and plopped down on the couch, distressed. So many thoughts running through my head, so many emotions. 

That's when the waterworks started.

Karson instantly turned so he could see me better. He lifted my chin up and ran his finger through my scalp, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "It'll all be okay Kayden, what happened up there, why are you crying?" He whispered. At his question I started crying even more. Poor Tyler didn't deserve what happened to him. 

That boy is broken. 

He was foolish enough to not tell anyone. Keeping something this grave from everyone that loves and cares about him is the biggest mistake he did. But can you blame him? He was a terrified teen who was raped! How could he have brought himself so say it to anyone? How must he have felt? Cleaning up the blood? How much pain must he have been through, all alone?

Knowing that all this happened when I was with him and I didn't realize any of it makes me want to not feel happiness again. This was partly my fault. He wouldn't have had to face this catastrophe if he hadn't stood up for me at that wretched park. I need to apologize for being the worst person to be around. Why wasn't I more observant. I need to notice things. Things wouldn't have gone so far if I'd payed mind to Tyler's screams at night. I was never able to decipher why he was screaming. I thought it was because he watched so many horror movies and he got nightmares of those. I never bothered asking. I just told him 'it's okay, you are okay' and went back to sleep.

 Fuck.Fuck me. I'm fucking dumb. There were so many hints. If I just were to pay more attention to him...

"H-he was raped Karson." I croaked out sobbing and clutching his t-shirt. 

I heard a sharp intake of breath from Karson while Dylan gasped, eyes springing with tears, he stoop up immediately and stomped over to the kitchen, livid.

Karson and I stood up, trying to stop Dylan before he did something stupid. 

Walking in, I saw Tyler crouched down near where his mum was sitting, her hand on his cheek and Tyler was smiling weakly at her. 

"Who. Did. This." Asked Dylan. His glinting, light brown eyes were almost non existent, just a mere ring around his blackened iris. He was mad. So mad. I've never seen him like this but he absolutely detests things like inequality, sexual discrimination and certainly rape. 

Tyler shot up at his voice and shivered once he saw who it was; his ex-best friend that looked ready to kill. 

"It's okay. You won't be able to find him. I don't know his name and his image is blurry." Tyler voiced, seemingly better now that he had spoken to his parents. 

"But, Tyler, he raped you! He deserves to be in jail! Fuck! No! We need to find him!" He shouted. Tyler smiled a broken smile. 

"I don't want that. I have gotten over it. I've had more than 3 years to wail over it. I'm okay now I think. I'll get better." he replied, calmly this time.

Dylan was still gritting his teeth, knowing him he won't let this go. But he'll do it slowly and he'll achieve it. Dylan is the definition of determination when he makes his mind about it but he'll be patient about it. 

"Fuck, fine!" He said and walked forward to take Tyler into his arms tightly, swaying him and I smiled knowingly. 

I looked at Karson, smiling and intertwined our fingers together. He smiled back, giving my hand a squeeze, a look of adoration on his face.

Everyone is quiet for now, for Tyler's sake. He can't handle our drama right now. But that fucked up mother fucking son of bitch will get what he deserved and I will help Dylan if it's the last goddamned thing I did. My free hand fists itself, ready to kill.

But,

All is well. For now.