Vol 3 Chap 86 - Scientific Curiosity

Start from the beginning

"I am being careful! I made sure it's night time with no one around before I made a move!"

"Then how the heck did the Empress find out, huh?!"

"How was I supposed to know she would suddenly visit me during late night when I should be asleep! Who would visit a sleeping person!"

"What did she see? Did you spill everything?" Xiao Hua hissed urgently. The Empress had not sent anyone to haul her in for questioning so maybe the Eighth Prince managed to lie his pants off about his trip to the library.

"Of course I did not spill everything! She only saw us kissing!"

( ̄_ ̄)・・・ Huh?

"Luckily I didn't do anything more than kissing but just kissing is enough to drive the Empress crazy!"

( ̄_ ̄)・・・Huh??

"So I just made up some bullshit about kissing Eunuch Heng because it's a form of affection, blah blah blah and that I just copied what the Emperor did to the concubines-"

"Wait! I don't understand!"

"What do you mean you don't understand?"

"What kissing?" Xiao Hua asked solemnly.

"Are you stupid? I'm talking about me and Eunuch Heng kissing and the Empress caught us. Which part of it that you don't understand, idiot? Or do you mean you don't know how men kiss? Hey, why did you pull out a knife - hey! Hey! Hey! Why are you throwing them at me?!"

💣💣💣

"So did you get punished?" Xiao Hua calmly sipped her tea, looking composed and proper in contrast to the slightly ruffled Eighth Prince that was breathing hard with flushed cheeks.

The Eighth Prince glared at her but still replied to her question. "No. She thinks I'm just being innocent so she just punished Eunuch Heng lightly."

"Oh? So the Empress thinks you are to be blamed for everything and viewed your Eunuch as the innocent party."

"Hey! That's not true! It's only because of who Eunuch Heng is!"

"Huh? Who is Eunuch Heng?"

"Hmm... it was supposed to be a secret so don't tell anyone!"

"But you are telling me..."

"You are different. You are my best friend!"

Xiao Hua gaped at the Eighth Prince in surprise, who had also realized what he just said. His face turned red as he stammered. "Don't...don't misunderstand! In this world, I can only talk to you without needing to lie and all, so you are my best friend here! When we return to our world, we will be strangers!"

Xiao Hua smiled, placing down her empty cup at the corner of her bed and reached out to hug the Eighth Prince. "You are my best friend too. But I hope I can still be your friend when we get back."

"Do... Do whatever you want!"

Xiao Hua laughed and pulled away. "So who is Eunuch Heng?"

Relieved that the topic shifted, he answered excitedly, "You won't believe it! He's actually sent by the second male lead to protect the Eighth prince!"

"What? Why?" The second male lead was Duke Heng, a person that does not want to get involved with the princes' infighting for the throne. So why would he want to protect the Eighth Prince?

"Turns out, the Eighth Prince's mother is actually the second male lead's elder sister, so he's actually the Eighth Prince's maternal uncle."

"So the Empress knew about it and let Eunuch Heng stay by your side." Xiao Hua concluded, "She isn't a bad person."