Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Are you ready?

"Mom, everything has to be perfect." I say to her over the phone.

"It will be beyond perfect baby girl. You'll see." she says before blowing a kiss and hanging up.

I assess the dress, not liking the dark brown color.

"Let's cancel the brown color, perhaps gray." I suggest to the sales woman of this famous boutique that has an outfit for every occasion.

She nods and goes into the stores main floor to look for dresses that will compliment my figure.

I walk back into the fitting cubicle where I take off the brown dress. I hang it on its silver hanger and I get dressed in the silky silver gown which you wear while waiting for dresses. That way, it's much more easier to fit more and more dresses before making a final pick.

I take the glass of sparkling wine which I sip from. They sure do know how to treat clients.

Tonight, the Wests are coming over for a formal dinner. Well, it was supposed to be Austin only but his parents wouldn't let him go on his own because of our reputation, hence, they decided to accompany him.

Serenity figured that it would be best to also tag along, to lighten the mood or to die with her family, I don't really know.

So, it's a formal dinner with a formal dress code because mom decided to be extra, seeing as it's a dinner party.

The sales lady returns with at least five dressed in her hands. She replaces them with the brown ones and leaves me to change.

I look through her choices before one catches my eye.

It is a beautiful cocktail dress that ends at the knees. The top part has white lace with flower designs over the gray silky material. And from the waist, which is where the lace ends, it spirals into a full skirt with beautiful petals.

It is perfect!

I fit it and it fits like a glove.

Satisfied, I get dressed in my red turtle neck sleeveless jumpsuit that is tightened at the waist by a black belt that comes with the jumpsuit.

It is fits like a second skin up to my butt, the legs being bootleg. I take my black handbag and place it on my shoulder.

Already in my black 4-inch heels with a sandal design, I step out of the cubicle with my chosen dress in hand.

I pay for the dress before leaving the store and entering my car, driving in the direction of my apartment building.

I step out my black Ford Mustang, my outfit in hand.

I get inside my apartment and I walk to my bedroom where I take off my clothes.

I walk into the bathroom and I take a steamy shower. Afterwhich, I apply scented lotion to my towel dried skin.

I wear black lingerie for later, incase, you know.

I wear the dress with white sandal design heels with a zig zag strap pattern at the ankles.

I decide to keep it simple with diamond earrings and a messy bun.

I apply mascara and eyeliner with matte nude lipstick.

Satisfied, I grab a white clutch in which I place my important objects and I strut out of the building and into my beast.

I drive to Austin's apartment building where I find him and his family exiting the lobby.

Austin is dressed in a crisp and neat black suit with a white shirt and a gray tie.

His sister is dressed in a royal blue figure hugging long sleeve suede dress that highlights her beautiful eyes.

"Damn!" Austin says, taking my focus off his family.

He gently pulls me into his arms and gives me a soft peck.

"You look absolutely delectable." He says and I blush before the moment is rudely interrupted by his father who does not look pleased in any way.

He is dressed in a dark navy suit while Scarlett is dressed in a maroon dress and navy blue accessories to compliment her husband.

"Shall we?" Mr West asks, signaling towards the entrance with his hand.

"Sure. Just follow us." I say and he raises an eyebrow.

"I thought you're driving us Austin." Scarlett says, looking confused.

"I am." He says and we walk out.

"Oh?" Serenity says.

"Don't loose me." I say, unlocking my car.

"Why didn't you just give us the address so that we use the GPS?" Mr West asks, clearly unhappy about this whole thing.

"Well, let's just say the address doesn't exist for security reasons." I say and I step into my car.

I wait for Austins car before leading him to my hidden home.

Very soon, one of my bodyguards cars overtakes my car and leads the convoy.

One of the three cars of my bodyguards is in between Austin's car and mine, the last car behind Austin's car.

We end up at my parents house large gates and we enter the compound, passing over the scanner which is used to scan for all kinds of weapons.

The bodyguards park their cars in parking while Austin and I park infront of the entrance.

I turn my car off and I step out, walking towards Austins car.

The Wests step out and walk towards me. They look awe struck, taking in the mansion that is my home. It's super big because a lot of people live here and also the fact that there is a whole floor where drugs are packaged, money is stored, people are tortured and more.

"So many bodyguards." Scarlett says, gasping.

I then look around, taking in the guards that I don't even notice anymore because I'm used to seeing them.

"That's what happens when you're a family of hardened criminals. And to think this is the life your son wants." Mr west says to his wife, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Baby, please don't take my father's words to heart." Austin says, rubbing circles on my back.

I shrug my shoulders, not even bothered because it's the truth.

"Don't worry Austin, the term hardened criminals doesn't even scratch the surface of what we are. So I don't really mind. But I will mind if my family is disrespected." I say, a threat loud and clear in my voice.

I love Austin, yes, but I love my family more. Just as they are, I will not have them disrespected in the name of love.