Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Bri-who?

"Please meet Brianna, my girlfriend." He says and I feel like someone just poured ice cold water on me.

I look at him and I see his proud smirk.

He has a girlfriend and yet he slept with me.

Such a disgusting human being, just like Ken.

They are all the same, aren't they?

I won't write off a prospect good man because of dickheads such as this man and Ken.

"Uhm, what's your name again?" I ask and he raises his eyebrow, taken aback by my question.

"You seriously don't know my name?" he gasps, probably insulted.

I shrug as if it's nothing because it really is nothing.

"How can you not know the name of a prospective client?" he asks, removing his hand from her thigh.

She doesn't look too happy about it though.

"Your company is my client, not you. If you get replaced by another person, I'll still have your company as my client. Besides, your PA's name does not matter to me, just like yours." I say and I see his left eye twitch.

I must have annoyed him, good.

"Besides, do you know my name?" I ask and he frowns slightly before shrugging.

"Exactly, so why should I waste brain cells knowing your name? You get it right Bai-who?" I ask her, pretending as if I forgot her name and she glares at me.

"Brianna, dumb head. You can't even remember a name you learnt less that 5 minutes ago." she says, and he smirks, liking her response.

"You're calling me an idiot when I just told you that I don't waste brain cells remembering useless names? Okay baby girl. Whatever makes you feel smarter." I shrug before getting up and walking out the restaurant.

I get into my car and find another restaurant to eat at.

I use my connections to get a table and I take a good look at the menu before someone clears their throat to get my attention.

Assuming that it is my waiter, I place my order without looking away from the menu but the person clears their throat again.

I look up to find a man dressed in a navy blue suit.

His black hair laid back neatly. His perfect smile on full display and I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Well?" I ask, putting the menu down.

"I couldn't take my eyes off you. Such a beauty shouldn't be sitting alone." He says in a husky voice, with a nice accent and tone.

"And so?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"May I join you?" he asks, signaling at the chair.

Well, I am single so a little flirtation won't kill me especially after I had a one night stand. Hell, I can do anything after what I did last night.

"Suit yourself." I say and he takes a sit, not caring about my attitude.

"Carlos Da Vinci." he says and I take in how perfect he looks.

"Andrea Cavali." I say and his perfect smile falters.

"Cavali? Cavali Construction?" he asks and I look at him emotionlessly.

"Yes, that Cavali family." I say, a smile on my face because I see intimidation deep within his eyes.

He nods and takes the menu.

Our waiter comes and takes our orders.

"So, how may I help you?" I ask him and he looks at me with so much intensity.

"A date with me would be perfect." He says and I laugh at his sudden confidence.

"Your game is weak." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

Then my phone rings, saving me from this boring situation.

"Hello." I say into the phone.

"Whose place did you sleep over at last night?" Vadin asks me and I sigh, rolling my eyes at him.

"Don't you fucking roll your eyes at me! Who is the man you're having lunch with?" he asks and I look around the restaurant, Carlos probably wondering what I'm looking for.

Then I see it. Jet black hair. Grey eyes. I glare at him before sticking my tongue out at him.

So much for being older. I just couldn't help it.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" I say, pointing my middle finger at him.

Carlos looking at me as if I'm crazy.

I smile at Carlos before winking using my right eye which is a signal for save me from this situation.

Vadin walks up to us quickly.

"Who the fuck is this guy?" he yells at me asking and I act panicked.

"Uh, nobody! I promise!!" I say, looking scared.

"If you do not go back to your stupid table before I blink, you won't like me." Vadin says, calmly and Carlos jumps up and literally runs to his table in fear.

Vadin takes a seat and we look at each other before cracking and laughing at how fast that guy ran.

"Whose crib did you sleep at?" he asks me and I sigh, wishing the floor would just swallow me up and free me from this situation.

"I don't know." I say and he looks at me with that yeah right look.

"I'm serious! I don't know his name but he is the CEO of ANW Corp." I say and he glares at me.

"That player? Don't tell me you're one of his girls." he says and I frown.

"He has a girlfriend. And no, it's not like that." I say and the waiter serves us our food.

I dive it, the hungry beast within taking full control.

"He doesn't date, he hits and hits and hits then he discards. Not the typical hit and run guy." he says, taking a bite out of Carlos food.

"Unlike you, hitter and runner." I say and he shrugs.

"I met his girlfriend today though." I say and he stops eating, giving me a curious look.

I explain exactly what happened and he shakes his head. I wonder what's going on in his head.

"Sounds to me like he was trying to push your buttons and he succeeded." he says and I frown at my brother, not liking the second part of his sentence.

"Fuck no. I am not going to let him get to me, I hate him." I say, taking a sip of my delectable wine.

"Yet you fucked him."