41. A Whole New World

Start from the beginning

"Did he try calling again?" Thomas asked and I scrapped the finished meat into a bowl.

"Did anything else happen today?" I asked, putting the bowl on the table and he gave me a curious glance.

"We can't avoid this conversation forever," He says and I sit down in front of him, staving from the delicious smells and I'm always hungry these days.

The only thing I could do these days since I was locked up in this house for the rest of my pregnancy was walking around the farm with Houston, feed the chickens, and work out. I decided to take up cooking while I was lying around in boredom. 

I spread sour cream on the bottom of the hard taco shell while Thomas stares at me. 

"Mmm, I'm so fucking hungry. You know, I finally finished folding all her clothes today and put it away, I feel so accomplished. She has a lot of newborn outfits but not a lot of like 6-month-old outfits and she'll..." 

Thomas' plate was still empty and he just stared at me. 

"Matty, we have to talk," He says and I continue eating my taco as if he said nothing. 

"Like I was saying, she's probably going to grow like crazy. Maybe it's just the mommy in me...oh shit we still don't know what she's going to-"

"MATTY!" I nearly jump out of my seat when he yells my name and I lick my lips. 

"Stop," Thomas says in a quieter tone and I feel my muscles get tense.

"I don't want him here. Not after what he did to you," I tell him with gritted teeth and grab my taco again. Thomas finally grabs a sip of water and starts to move towards eating something. 

The only sound that could be heard was the clinking of spoons against bowls and the crunch of me biting into my own taco. 

"Well, I've thought about this a lot and I really don't mind him being here," he says and I stop eating, losing my large appetite altogether.

"No," I tell him flat out and stand with the chair scraping against the floorboards. 

"Calm down and listen to me please Kitten," He askes and Houston starts barking once he could feel the tension in the room. 

I stay still but silent and feel his hand stretched out and covering my hand which was still rested on the table. I take in a breath and exhale before sitting down again.

"Thomas, I am listening. But the fact of the matter is the accident has done enough to our relationship as it is and I'm not going to add Wesley to the equation. Especially not after Jaydean is born," I say and Thomas' stern face finally softens. 

"Yeah, and you know what else is a fact? Only one person has the legal right to sign that birth certificate and we have less than a month left to get our shit together before she's here," He slaps me with the cold hard truth but I stay silent. 

"Believe it or not, I don't like the idea any more than you do but we have to put Jaydean's interest above our personal feelings. Because welcome to fucking parenthood Matthias Grayson," He says and takes a large bite of his taco. I poke at a piece of lettuce on my plate with one hand as he continues to hold my other hand hostage. 

"When did you become such a daddy all of the sudden?" I asked with a small smirk growing on my face he looks up and gives me what had become a rare smile. 

"I have no fucking idea," He chuckles and it was so nice to hear his deep, genuine, laughter that I placed my hand over my mouth and tried to keep the tears in. But these days with the stupid hormones I was all over the place. 

"Babe? Are you okay?" Thomas stops laughing and I stand up once again, walking around the table and wrapping my arms around his shoulders from behind before attacking him with dozens of tiny kisses. Thankful that his rare smile doesn't fade.

"I love it when you laugh," I sighed into his ear and he turned his head so I could kiss him on the lips this time. We both tasted like tacos but I didn't give two shits because I love this man to death. He reached up, caressing my arms with his hands while making small circles as I continued to kiss his soft face and beautiful lips.

"I love making you happy," He says in between these delightful little smacks and I kiss the tip of his strong nose.

"You make me the happiest man in the world Thomas, and sometimes you don't even know it. Just the thought of you makes me happy," I told him as I pressed my face against his warm neck. 

"Matty," he calls my name with so much love and passion that I perk my head up, propping it on his strong shoulder.

"Yeah babe?" I kissed his cheek again, unable to get enough of him since these moments of intimacy had disappeared when he started physical therapy. 

"I'm sorry for all the shit I've put you through this past month," He apologizes and I looked at him confused.

"You were having a hard time adjusting Thomas, it wasn't that difficult for me," I lied to him just to make him feel better. It was hard as fuck, especially seeing the person I love struggling so hard just to walk again.

"No, I know the things I said were evil and I had a lot of bad days but I really think I'm starting to get better now," He tells me and that was all I needed to hear. 

"I know you're getting better, I see you improving every day and yeah you have a few setbacks, but I'm still so proud of you each and every day," I confess and he reaches up to my head, gently caressing my cheek. 

"Matty," 

"Mmm?" 

"Will you marry me?"  

******************

Alright guys, intense I know, sorry about that but it had to happen.

SO what do you guys think of this situation? 

Do you think Wes should be allowed to be baby Jayde's dad? 

One more Chapter until she gets here!

Also How are you guys doing today?