Chapter 12 🎟

I hurriedly rode a taxi going to the cafe Hawon asked us to meet.

Later, I arrived at the cafe. I entered the cafe and searched for Hawon and I saw her sitting over the table in the middle. She waved at me so I did the same as I approached her.

"Hayeon, what do you want to eat?" she asked me as soon as I sat

"Ooh, are we eating?" I asked excitedly

"DUh, don't worry it'll be my treat." she told me with a confident expression

I told her that it was my first time eating in this cafe and I told her to choose for me.

"Mm, okay. Then how about this one?" she showed me the picture of the snack and drink

She went over the counter and ordered for the food we'll be eating, and returned back to our table.

"By the way, I ordered the same for the both of us since it's my favorite food here, you see."

"Thank you. " I told her when she returned

"You know I should be the one thanking you." she told me

"Why though?"

"Mmm, you are a really nice and coolest best friend to me ever." she smiled

"What do you mean by that?" I asked

"Well, when I was probably in middle school, I always had this girl with me, she was nice, we always talked, eat together every lunch and we did a lot of fun things together. I was always there for her." she storied, "I really liked her because of it, same time I was usually bullied by some other girls because of my appearance. I was always the type of girl who never looked pretty and hawt like other girls, lots of acne, chubby and dark. I also had a bad habit of talking as well."

She looks so sad, she looks cute even with cute fats, also her skin tone looks absolutely perfect for her.

"I know that she likes oppa. One time, I followed her secretly to the bathroom. I listened to her conversation with the other girls, they asked her how she thought of me and I expected to hear that I was her best friend." she said, "I was really hurt and offended when she said "Hawon? heh. I don't really like her, she's so boring to be with and she looks eh." and just laughed."

"I cried after that, day after day I pretended to not know of what she said because I was scared I'd be lonely again but there was this party where both of us were invited including oppa. I knew she wanted to dance with him, I guess she somehow expected oppa to dance with her but he danced with me instead. I was absolutely happy but I felt guilty dancing because I saw how angry she was with me, throughout the dance I could literally feel her glaring at me, she was about to cry so I followed her and I even left oppa because of it."

- Hawon's story past - Hawon's POV

"Minnie! Where are you going?" I called

I continuously called her name while slowly catching up to her. I thought she was completely crying but she looked at me full of anger and hate.

"Hey, what's wrong?", she pointed straight at my face and told me, "YOU!"

"What do you mean me?" I asked

"I hate you Hawon!" she screamed

"Minnie, what are you saying? Please tell me what's wrong. We can fix this if we talk this out." I told her calmly

"You know that I like oppa for a very long time and you try to steal him from me! You bitch of a traitor!" she cries

"I don't really have feelings for oppa, so please stop this." I told her

"Hawon what's going on here?" oppa went by my side and asked, "Hey what's wrong?"

"I guess you're fcking happy? You slut." she glares

"Minnie, what the hell are you saying?" I asked again

She fixes her gaze to oppa and cries, her expression further getting angry.

"Oppa, I like you, I really do. I did everything just so you could notice me! I bought the best makeup, skin care, shampoo, clothes, everything. I even became friends with that girl for you to know me!"

"What does your friendship with Hawon have to do with me?" he asks

"Y'all are dumb. I never even wanted to be friends with that bitch, I hate it."

"Minnie, how could you. Please stop saying that, you said you liked being with me."

"You really are dumb Hawon, you actually believed those lies? Unbelievable but guess what, those efforts were all in vain."

"MINNIE! That's enough! I thought both of you were good friends? I never thought you'd be such a snake!" oppa talked to her

"Then I wasted time!"

"Leave.", oppa told her, "What?" she seems confused

"MINNIE PLEASE LEAVE RIGHT NOW!" he screamed

Minnie started crying out of gawdamn nowhere but still she left obediently.

"You didn't have to do that though." I told oppa

"I don't want you seeing get hurt." he told me, "But I think it was too much." I told him

"Are you really fine with her treating you like this?" he asks

"It doesn't matter, I knew but I don't want to be lonely." I cried

Oppa hugged me, he let me cry in his embrace. He kept comforting me the whole night, caressing my hair gently telling me that things will turn out better.

-Back to Present-Hayeon's POV

"That's exactly what happened, I'm sorry did I bore you?" she asked

"No, it wasn't boring and I promise Hawon, I will never ever do the same thing to you. I'll forever be your friend." I held her hand

"I trust you Hayeon." she smiled

( please pretend that the girl on the picture is Hawon, this is also the food just for example )

Hawon and I then started eating our meals after it was brought to our table, we chatted for a long long time.