Her Silent Cries: Joe's POV

She was the toughest girl growing up but now she's had more bad days than anything. We didn't know how bad things were these past few months until her mom called me while I was in the store getting the things on the list she gave.

Ok Joe I need you to listen to me carefully... ok?, Mrs. Morris said in a serious tone.

I'm listening Mrs. Morris, I said as I stopped to grab a bag of curly fries.

Kawaii is going to try to push you guys away and I don't want her to do that.. ok?, she said a bit choked up.

The tone in her voice changed suddenly that it gave me the notion that she wasn't in the room with Kody.

Joe... keep an eye on my daughter tonight.. She hasn't been her self for the past month and a half, she said.

We'll be there making sure she doesn't do anything dangerous. We've been waiting to see her and Kody since we left so we're going to protect her, I said .

Mrs. Morris let out a soft cry that tore me up on the inside because... she was so strong all the time. She was the reason Kawaii wore a stone face when it came to showing emotions but now Kawaii's a ball of stress and fear while her parents are trying to save her from herself.

Once I hung up the phone with her mom, I grabbed 4 more things and headed to check out. I made my way back to the truck and saw Kawaii passed out on the back seat.

Ok guys... we're going to sleep like we did when we had that talk with her... by no means do we let her out of our sight, I said.

Alright, Jon said.

Ok... but Joe we got to talk to her about what's been going on, Colby said as he looked down at his arm.

Kawaii had a visible grip on his arm that we knew too well from our past. Tears stained her cheeks as soft snores came from his shoulder.

Ok ok ok... no sudden moves Colby until we get to her house, I instructed him and started the car and drove off.

We stopped at the last 2 stores and made our way to her house.

I grabbed her from the back seat and carried her in once we parked in her garage.

Jon put all the food up as Colby grabbed blankets and pillows and carried them to her room. We got our showers in and we all slept around her.

~Later that Night~

I woke up to Kawaii looking at me lying on the floor around her. She had this look that only showed fear and I didn't want to see her like that.

What's wrong baby?, I asked sitting up but she moved over in her bed. Kawaii?, I called out but her silent sniffles spoke volumes.

I got up and climbed into her bed and pulled her into my arms. We made eye contact and I could instantly see the hurt.

Talk to me baby girl... we're here for you.., I said but she layed down on me and fell back asleep.

I rubbed her back as she snored softly.  Soon Colby got up and walked past the bed and left out. I watched her eyes flutter as her arms layed locked around me. I placed kisses around her forehead and jawline causing her to jump some.

Wwhhooa baby girl it's just me, I said watching her dart away from me scared. Kawaii it's me! It's just me! Calm down ok?, I said as I  reached for her bedside lamp and she saw it was me.

What! Wait! What I'm up! What's going on?!, Jon yelled as he jumped up running towards the bed.

Jon calm down!, I yelled but Colby came running in.