Kody's Bad Day

It's been a week since the guys left and Kody has been trying to keep himself busy; Play dates, sleepovers, and even sleeping late but it wasn't enough. I'd try to play games with him but he'd say no I got it and walk away.  I've tried to talk to him but I knew what... well who he wanted but the guys were busy working. I didn't want to text them on today he just seemed down. No matter what he did or where he was.. that little gloomy cloud followed him.

Kody?, I called out but he didn't answer so I walked to his room.

Kody was sitting there red as the sun with toys thrown everywhere. He pulled some of his clothes out of the drawers and was kicking at them when I walked in.

KODY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!, I yelled scaring him.

He dropped his head and started sniffling.

I'm angry mama, he said bursting into tears.

Kody that's no excuse to wreck your room! Now clean this mess up, I said which made him cry even more. Kody baby this is not how you take out your anger... ok?, I said hugging him.

All he did was cry so I knew I had to text the guys.

Joe💛, 🗣Lopez😊, 😬Jon

Me: Lesson #1.... Kody has been having a bad day and he's destroyed his room. He has the same anger issues like his father. I walked in on him kicking his clothes. 🙁 I didn't want to bother you guys but this is the 1st time he's cried out of frustration. He just cried and started cleaning up when I caught him.

🗣Lopez😊: 🙁 Don't say that Kawaii we're here for you guys... it's no bother to us

😬 Jon: Yeah what he said... but why is he acting out like that?

Me: I don't know but all I can say is that he's feeling like shit right now and I can't help him figure it out 🙁

♥Joe💛: Ok ok ok baby girl we'll handle it ok. Just breath and try to help him calm down.
♥Joe💛: Don't you ever feel like you can't talk to us ok? We're here..

🗣Lopez😊: What's my bud's favorite color? 👀

😬Jon: I know he likes Paw patrol 🤔

Me: No gifts you guys 😑

😬Jon: Oooohhh..... right... but he's still going to get them... 😝

♥Joe💛: We're still learning lol 🤗 so let us handle this ok?

Me: Uuuuuuuggghhhh... fine 😒

I placed my phone down and helped Kody pick up the last of his clothes and helped him fold and put them away. Once we were done, he climbed in my lap and held onto me. I hugged him as tight as I could to let him know that I was there. He didn't want to let go and it broke my heart. It hurt me to see him cry himself to sleep and wake up crying moments later.

I took him and put him in a tub of warm water and gave him a bath. I washed his hair and blow dryed it. I grabbed Joe's varsity jacket and wrapped him in it and sat him on the couch to watch them perform which cheered him up some but not alot. About 20 minutes after their match I called them but nobody picked up. I guess it was for the best but I knew he needed it. I tried to put Kody in his bed but he didn't want to go so I put him in the bed with me.

Ok Kody bedtime, I said as he crawled under me.

I kissed his temple and pulled the blankets over him. It was only 9:50 pm and the guys were done for the night for sure so I turned the tv off and laid there listening to Kody's snoring as he let his sleep finally take over. 11pm rolled around and I heard my phone buzzing under my pillow. I looked to see a factime call from Jon.