Osaka to Iowa

As I looked out the window on the plane.... I started to think about that day. Kody on the other hand.... was sitting down next to me with my hand in his as if he was making sure that I was ok. The whole 2 months felt like a horror movie and he was the one that survived.

Ma'am do you or your son need anything?, the flight attendant asked in a smile.

No ma'am but thank you,  I said giving her a smile.

Yet it shocked me that Kody didn't jump up pointing things out. I thank God he wasn't there when the fight happened but him seeing me in that hospital bed shook him up. After that day... He barely smiled. I'd play his favorite songs or put it on his favorite tv shows but he didn't want to respond to it so I did the only thing I knew for sure that would get it back.

*Opens phone*  * Scrolls to Mom's name*

Me: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....?

Ma: Oh dear Lord what is it you crazy ding bat? 😂😂

Me: I'm worried about Kody 😔

Ma: I know baby... He's never seen you like that and it's hurting us to see him that way

Me: I've tried everything.... well not everything..... but idk what I'd do if that doesn't work 😔

Ma: Well I'll tell you what..... I got 2 tickets to paradise 🎶🎶😂😂

Me: Mooom lol behave woman

Ma: Ok ok ok lol let's go to Iowa....

Me: ???
Me: Iowa?

Ma: It's a sure fire way to get our Kody back smiling.

Me: Oooooh oh ok... slow moment there.

I picked Kody up and kissed his cheek.... He gave me the biggest pout ever and started crying. I soothed him with trying to rock him to sleep but he just looked at me .

Hey baby!, I said as he looked down with a pout. Kody mommy loves you, I said and he lifted his head.

I love you mommy, he said in tears.

Oooh baby don't cry.. I got you sweetie, I said almost in tears.

Mommy don't cry, he said and kissed my forehead. No cry mommy, he continued to say with tears in his eyes.

He held on to me as tight as he could and it made me cry even more. He had saw something that I tried to avoid him of but he caught the end result.

Once we landed in Iowa and we got settled at the hotel, I let Kody watch movies and lounge around. We slept all through the night and half of the next day.

Ok you guys!!! Let's get dressed, I heard my dad say from the other room.

Kody ran through the conjoining door yelling like a mad man. When he was done and came back, we got dressed and headed to his surprise.

Here you two go, my mom said as she handed us our backstage passes.

Kody Oody!, my dad said earning a giggle from him.

Pop-pop!, he yelled back.

With that.. We left and headed to the  arena. With each truck we passed Kody's eyes grew bigger and bigger.

Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!, he yelled.

Yes baby!, I yelled back in laughter.

As we passed a truck with Joe's face on it he yelled clear as day..