Dinner for 7?

Honey are you coming for dinner tonight oooorrrrr?, my mom asked over the phone.

Yes ma I told you I....  Kody stop it, I said as he laughed. Ma I'll be over by 6 ..... Kody mommy said no put the cookie down, I said trying to get over to him.

It was 2:30pm and Kody had gotten into the cookie jar.....again. He was a little rebel amongst he and I. I would watch him walk to the kitchen but moments later he'd have 4 cookies in his little hands... I don't understand where his ninja training came from but it's awesome. Around 5:30pm, I got Kody ready and sat him in front of the tv while I got dressed. Once I  finished, I grabbed him and our stuff and went over to my folks house.

When I pulled up to the house there was a black SUV parked in my spot so I had some words for them. I walked in to be greeted by my mom when she stopped me.

Kiki don't be mad at me ok?, she said a bit apprehensive.

Ma what did you do?, I said as I put Kody down to go find his pop-pop.

Well........, she dragged a bit.

Well what?, I asked trying to get her to spit it out.

Well I invited some people here since they took some time off from work so they came down for the next 4 days.., she confessed.

Ma!!  What did... Why'd you do that?!, I half yelled.

Because! They ask about you each time we visit you, she half yelled back.

Wait.... Whoa wait...  The guys are in there?, I asked shocked and scared.

Yes they are and they want to see you... Badly, she added.

I shook my head no and grabbed our things to go when I heard Kody scream and I ran to him. I ran into the kitchen to see them, the guys and my dad, surrounding him. I moved through them to see Kody standing up while rubbing his forehead.

Come here baby.. What's the matter?, I picked him up before he could cry.

I hurt mommy, he said in a pout.

It's ok sweetie... You're a big boy ok? So what do big boys do? Huh?, I asked in a soothing tone.

We don't cry, he said whipping his eyes and he gave a small smile.

I took him to the counter and dressed his bump when I noticed no one had taken their eyes off of me but I simply payed them no mind. Once I was done and gave him some medicine, I put him down for a nap and stayed in the room with him only to avoid them but my mom was a persistent lady.

Text message (1)

I checked my phone and it was from my mom.

Ma: Come down now...  They want to talk to you sweetie.

Me: I don't want to talk Ma..

Ma: Kawaii Nicole Morris get down here now!

Me: No 🙃

Ma: 😐

Me: 😂😊

Ma: Ok you want to do this now???  Game on!

Me: Ma? what are you doing?
Me: Ma?
Me: Ma?!?!?!!
Me: Ugh fine.......  On my way down

I put pillows around Kody and left out the room. My mom and dad were grabbing their coats and walked pass me when my mom stuck her tongue out at me.

Since my daughter can be a douche to me.... Go talk to them... We're going out to a movie, she said and closed the door.

I felt betrayed just then and she knew it. So I walked into the kitchen to get a beer when I felt a hand on my shoulder.