Their Redemption: Jon POV

Jon?..... Hey Jon wake up, I heard someone say.

What?, I said peeping with one eye open to see it was Joe.

Let's give Kawaii her space, he said as we all started to get up.

Oh shit you 3 where actually here, Kawaii said a bit confused.

Yeah... sorry for invading your bubble like that, I said pointing at her bed.

Why'd you guys box me in like that?, she asked.

Because.... we didn't want anything to happen to you, Cobly said and Joe and I agreed.

The worst I could've done was ate Kody's ice cream, she said taking it as a joke but to me it wasn't.

Kawaii we're being serious, Colby said as he walked up some but stood back.

And so am I... I have really horrible anxiety issues due to the Army... that's as far as I go because I have Kody and I can't leave he alone, Kawaii said looking at us.

Ok what if you didn't have him?, I asked.

Then Luke would've killed me if I didn't, she retorted and in all honesty I hated that I knew she was right.

She walked out ahead of us and stepped outside.

I feel like shit you guys, I said standing there.

She didn't deserve what we did, Colby said trying to hold his composure. I hate we really did that to her, he added.

And to think... we could've lost her, Joe added.

Let's do this the right way this time boys.... no more fuck ups... if she needs us it's straight answers from here on out, I said and walked out the room.

Kawaii walked back in with my favorite little guy. He ran straight to me. His smile and that laugh just pulled me in. How did we let her walk out of our lives like that? Pushed her so far away that.... she fell deeper than she was supposed to?... Holding him made me feel human just then.

Kody hugged and gave a kiss on the cheek. He made me feel so alive! That of all things made me, in that instant, cry tears of wanting to be forgiven.... and Kody, as always, wipped them away telling me not to cry.

I sat on the floor as Kody held on to me still crying and I never knew how much that one thing could be needed so badly to start mending my broken heart.

Jon come now , I could hear Kawaii say trying help me but I needed that more than anything.

No cry, Kody said holding my head up.

He was the cutest kid and I was lucky and grateful that he chose me to look up to. I was always being put down emotionally that this little guy single handedly pushed me back up these past few months.

Ok ok ok I'm done bud, I said and went to clean my face.

Kody appeared again with a cookie and gave it to me as walked back to the living room.

Thanks bud, I said giving him a hug and he left out.

I sat watching him bring Colby to tears as this humble kid just wanted to show us that he loved us.

Colby came walking from Kawaii's bedroom and scooped him up and hugged him.

Hey bud! How are ya!, he asked surprising him.

Kody screamed holding on to Colby and kissed his cheek too.

Awww bud, Colby said as Kody pulled him in as well.