The Sit Down

After talking to Jon and Joe 2 weeks ago, I could feel my nerves getting the best of me as each day passed. Kody would make sure he watched their matches and would sleep in Joe's Varsity jacket each night. I could see how he fell in love with it and found safety within it.

So... how was I going to protect him if one day they change up on him after all I've saved him from?...

Kody ran in the room with cookies in his and sat on the floor making me roll over to catch him before he ate them.

BOOO!, I yelled scaring him.

He started crying as the cookies dropped to the floor.

Uh hhhuh hush, I said laughing.

Maaa!, he yelled back as I threw the cookies away.

Hush.... just couldn't wait til I was sleep I see, I said grabbing him to go wash him up.

He pouted the whole time but it didn't phase me because I was going to take him to his favorite place to eat before I met up with the guys. My parents didn't want me to have him with me while we cleared the air amongst us so he was going to be with them for the night.

Come on Kody let's go get some food, I said as he walked still mad at me.

I strapped him in and we headed to Arbys and got him a large order of curly fries. He devoured the whole thing but still tried to be mad.

I love you Kid, I said to him.

He smiled so I knew I was forgiven this one time.

Wuv you mama, he said with two hands full of my fries.

He was a theif at best when it came to curly fries... Got to love him though. He had a smile that would super kick your heart at it's weakest moment.

So once we were done and I got him some junk food, we headed to my parents house.

Maaaaaa!!!! Daaaadd!.... Your favorite child is here!, I yelled walking into the house.

You're the only child crazy lady, my mom said walking to me and grabbed Kody.

Daaaaaaddd! Mom's being mean to meeeee!, I yelled again not knowing he was standing in the kitchen.

Honey is it too late to give her up for adoption?, he asked making me laugh.

This was the one thing that I loved about them.... their goofiness and the love that comes with it. If they didn't greet me in this way then I'd think they were dying or some... This kept me sane for years even when I was overseas they made sure I knew that our bond could never break.

No I don't think so... she reproduced so we're stuck, she said laughing.

Well Kody looks like granny and pop-pop are ready to go to that old folks home now.... God knows Imma hate to see them go, I said causing them to laugh more.

Ok ok ok hello my angel, my mom said.

Hello mother, I said smiling. I'm off to meet up with the guys, I said a bit hesitant.

Ok honey... just stay calm well at least try to even if you hear the truth about something just stay calm, my dad said as he walked over to hug me.

Ok dad I'll try, I said giving hugs and kisses before I headed home before they came over.

Once there, I put beers in the fridge, sat out something to eat and got comfortable while I waited.

~buzz buzz buzz ~

Jon 😬: Hey we're runnin late made little stopped by the store but we're on your side of town.

Me: That's cool I'm at home whenever you guys make it