Chapter 32: Wonho

It is a story that is known too well, an unavoidable matter, a fear in each being...that everything born into this world is meant to die...

The wind was blowing fiercely against his coat, ruffling his hair, creating a tourbillon of snow all around him. 

The tip of his bangs, as well as his eyelashes, were now completely white and felt heavy due to the small crystals of snow that had formed under the freezing weather. Some snowflakes were even infiltrating the inside of his winter coat by the space between his neck and the collar, sending shivers down his spine. 

The air was cold, glacial. 

It was one of the rare days in which Korea was facing such freezing weather; almost a record in terms of coldness. It felt like it was the coldest day of winter although they were only in the beginning of December. 

He couldn't feel his hands and his toes, but he barely realized it. Almost no one would dare to come out on such a cold day, but Hoseok couldn't care less. There he was, standing all alone in front of several gravestones. 

It was the city that took the initiative of making a memorial in the public park nearby the Lotte World to commemorate for the twelve children that had died during that ...how should he call it? Disaster? Tragedy? Indeed, it was quite a tragic event. Many people had come and left during the past week, bringing flowers, teddies and candles as grieving symbols, and to show their support for the relatives of the victims. There were a total of 13 gravestones; although Hoseok was the one who had added the thirteenth one. After all, who other than him would pay their respect to someone that couldn't be seen by anyone and, almost to say, basically never existed?

A full week had passed since the incident. Truthfully, he didn't remember much of the events that happened after he had passed out and probably even before that. When he came back to his senses, three full days had already gone by. Even now, his mind was still a bit fuzzy. To say that their mission had been successful would be a lie. Just by looking at their states, everyone would be able to tell that only luck got them out of it alive. Although, he wasn't too sure himself if he could call it luck. Each of them had a new pain to bear within their souls, the death of a peer and the weight of failure to protect each other.

Shownu had to go under a torture session since his dislocated shoulder had gotten worse after a while of being left untreated. Healthy as he was, and, with the help of medicine, it only took him 5 days to fully recover. As for Kihyun, unfortunately, he ended up in a more pitiful state. He was sent to a special hospital under the name of the Organisation and needed to undertake several surgeries as his kneecap had completely exploded under the impact of the hit during his fight with the demon. He actually didn't have any kneecap anymore, but thanks to the laboratory's advanced technologies of the Organisation, he would be able to walk again, probably with a metallic knee made with similar material to The Clan's weapons- according to what Jooheon told him.

Jooheon, for his part, had been very busy helping out the agents of the Organisation cleaning the crime scene and also covering up the humanly unexplainable/supernatural aspects of it with some more realistic scenarios that, although horrific, would be more suitable for the population to believe. Jooheon told him that they had managed to conceal the affair by making it appear as a serial murderer's case made by a sick minded person in his 50's. 

 Hoseok didn't know all the process in detail but the result seemed almost too perfect. 

The Organisation had fabricated a fake profile and had managed to create a fictive murderer, by pretending that the culprit was an ex part-time janitor that had worked some over 30 years ago for the amusement park. They also had added a background of minor crimes and some sort of mental illness issues to explain the kidnapping and murder of the children to make it more credible and as a way to somewhat excuse the atrocities committed.