Chapter 31: The Last Snowflake

A/N: Sorry for being late. I had no idea my chapter would be this long. Enjoy ^-^

He hated white. 

Not every kind of white, but one very specific hue of white; the white that covered the walls of that room. 

He hated that place. 

He hated to go there. He didn't want to go, but he had to. 

Every day, he had to go there. 

It was like a prison. 

He didn't want to see...It was too hard for him, too hard to handle...He didn't want to think; he was afraid...afraid that if he were to open the box carefuly sealed inside of his mind, he would find the hidden darkness of his person... He didn't want to admit it, he wanted to hide it, even from himself, forever if he could; but deep down he knew it all along... 

He...hated her...with his entire mind he despised her. 

However, the one he hated more than anyone else was no other than his own self. And because of that, he wished he never knew her.

He stared at his hand, suspended in the void, about to grab the handle that would bring him to the room. His hand hadn't move for the last 5 minutes. He wanted to run away and avoid at all cost what was hiding behind that door, but he knew it was no use. There was nowhere he could go, nowhere he could run, nowhere he could hide. He was alone.

He sighed deeply, trying to mentally prepare himself for it.

He carefully let his fingers get a grip of the handle before quietly sliding the door. 

As he stepped in, he couldn't erase the  pressuring feeling he had of throwing himself into a monster's throat as his gaze was fixated toward his feet. He knew, however, that she was there waiting for him, like every previous day, at this exact hour; his worst nightmare, the demon of his heart.

"Oh, you're here."

And as the door closed itself behind him, his only thought died in a haze of nothingness...

Ah. If only this could end already...

Minhyuk brusquely snapped back to reality as he heard Changkyun's voice panicking in his ear.

Just now, what was that?

It was the first time he ever felt like this. Was it a dream? A memory? He couldn't analyse any further as Changkyun cut off his flow of thoughts for a second time.

"Holly Mother Freaking Shit!!!!!!!!!" He yelled, surprising both Shownu and Minhyuk who suddenly felt dizzy after hearing such a loud scream through their earpiece. 

They could still feel Changkyun's voice resonating in their head.

"W-What?" they both exclaimed at the same time, confused about his unexpected reaction. They were automatically on their guards, sensing danger nearby.

"H-Halmeoni sh-she's...H-Hoseok ...his gun..." Changkyun started in a seemingly panicked tone, but he couldn't formulate a sentence as he was panting from the shock. His mind was really chaotic after witnessing what he saw.

Did he mention something about a gun? Shit. What is going on?...

"Calm down, Changkyun-ah. We can't hear what you are trying to..." Minhyuk began in an attempt to reassure the youngest, but Shownu interrupted him, which was, in fact, quite surprising, because Shownu would rarely ever speak normally, even less would he ever interrupt someone in the middle of their sentence.