Chapter 19: Colors

"How is the boy?" Hoseok asked Changkyun as he gently placed a hand on his best friend's shoulder, bringing him back to reality.

He, Kihyun and Shownu had just returned from the park. They had been informed of the situation and Hoseok, knowing his friend well, knew that Changkyun would try to isolate himself. 

He found him in Shownu's bedroom.

He noticed his friend flinching at the mention of the kid. 

What he witnessed earlier must have been traumatic for him...

"He...will survive. We brought him to the hospital in time, so he will be fine. Jooheon is staying with him."Changkyun answered, looking down at his feet.

Hoseok sat beside him, leaning against the wall and waited. He waited until Changkyun felt ready to empty his heart.

"You know... they are saying that there will be a scar on his throat; it's permanent. He... is only 5 years old and yet, he had to experience all of this... It will remain forever, reminding him of what happened on this day, every time he will see his reflection. I...I just, I mean, these kids, all of them, why do they have to go through this? And you, why do you also have to go through all of this shit?! It is just so cruel, too cruel."

Hoseok gently patted the younger's head.

"We will catch him, for sure. I won't let him hide or escape from me, nor will he break me. He will have to pay for what he has done." Hoseok stated, sombre. 

He was tired of this little game. 

He would not let the Gourmet take advantage of him. He had enough with being played around. 

He was ready to fight back.

"Hyung, have you read the poem?"

Hoseok nodded and recited:

"Crimson, the blood of a nonperson;

12 hours left;

Before your death;

Don't try to trick me;

Or there will be fatalities;

Let's trade;

Your Halmeoni for your name;

If you refuse;

You will lose. "

He had memorised it. He hated every single word of it.

Minhyuk arrived in their room as loud as usual and stopped brusquely at the sight of the two.

"Omo, omo! What a nice couple we have here!" He teased, with a feminine tone.

"With my fist stamped on your face, will you still find us as nice?" Changkyun replied.

"Actually, it is not that I wanted to disturb you on your honeymoon, but you have been called downstairs," Minhyuk stated with a sly smirk.

They all went down and went to the kitchen where the others were waiting.

"Okay, everyone, please take a seat because we are about to expose you our plan," Kihyun stated.

He looked extremely serious and Hoseok suddenly realised something about him. Despite being blind, Kihyun seemed to be always confident about anything he would undertake. He would manage to stay calm and rational no matter the situation he would end up in. He had a strong personality, but also a strong mind. Hoseok felt envious of him to be such an admirable person. Kihyun was cool in his own way and deserved the greatest respect.