Chapter 12: Curse

I have to kill him, again. Was what he thought as soon as he got back to his apartment. 

The man dragged his feet into the living room and leaned against the window, staring at his walls. He just had made the biggest mistake of his life. He should have killed him properly instead of simply pushing him from the edge of the building. Although he couldn't blame himself for that, any normal human would have been dead under the same circumstances. But that kid, that kid wasn't normal.

He thought it was only a legend, like a scary story that would be told between ghosts. He never thought he would experience meeting one in real life. He was afraid, terrified. 

That kid was dangerous.

It had been a week since the incident and he still couldn't forget about his eyes, those shining eyes. He hated them, so much that he felt the urge to destroy them. 

Since then, he had been searching for data about the mysterious boy. They were all over his walls, tons and tons of pictures of him and his relatives, there were notes and information about the kid written in hasty writing. 

Lee Hoseok. He knew his name now, he could do anything.

He had to be careful though. His target wasn't alone. 

It certainly caused a great shock when he found out that the brat was under the care of the Organisation, which complicated greatly his situation. He could not approach the boy easily.

He punched his wall in frustration. He had to kill him. He was representing a serious threat for his kind and it was even worse now that he belonged to the Organisation. They would certainly make good use of him; after all, he had a rare ability. The ability to attract any ghosts and expose it to the authorities of the Organisation.  He didn't want that.  If there was a choice to make between vanishing forever or be imprisoned in one of the Organisation's prison-balls, he would gladly jump on the first option.

There were two kinds of ghosts in this world, the ones that got themselves stuck between death and the afterlife by coincidence, they were quite docile and usually quiet. Humans would call them in their stories: wandering spirits. He belonged to the other kind, the ones that had rejected the afterlife as they had things left to do, things to correct from the time they were alive. He did it himself, a long time ago, he made it. 

Revenge. 

He had brought his ex-wife to kill herself. Back in the time when he was alive, she had cheated on him several times. He got depressed and lost everything. He fell into drugs and died from an overdose. Those were the big lines of his previous life. He didn't like to remember his past self, the weak person he once was, it haunted him as the worst of his nightmares. 

Not anymore.

Since then, as a vengeful entity, he had taken a liking into killing randomly some individuals. He would kill other people's souls and then take possession of their bodies. He could have let the souls alive, but he didn't like sharing. 

He liked his new life, a lot. He was determined to keep that new existence of his. However, the sudden appearance of the kid represented a threat to his lifestyle, his freedom. He had to kill him, no matter what; but he couldn't do it alone. He needed assistance, someone strong enough to... 

Maybe...?

He took out his cell phone and dialled a private number. The phone he was using belonged to the person he currently had taken possession of, a man in his late 50's, a bit overweight and alone. He would always try to target humans that had no relatives at proximity. He didn't want to risk being discovered. It happened once in the past and because of that, he had to kill the whole family.