Chapter 27: Inevitably

N/A: Sorry, but this is like the cutest thing I've ever seen.   V ♥ω♥ V

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is said that once the time has come for one to face with death, he or she will meet, for the last time, with the person they want to see the most. 

Out of all the people on earth, Hoseok never once thought his person would be... a perfect stranger...

Black.

Everything was black. Nothing other than a panorama of darkness could be seen.

He was terrified.

Thirsty

He was so thirsty... for what? He didn't know, but it hurt like hell. 

He could hear noises around him, but it seemed so far, so out of reach that he couldn't grasp any word from it.

He wanted to wake up. He knew he had to wake up, but he was too weak to even open his eyes.

Shownu?...I think it is Shownu that I hear. Who is he talking to?

His mind kept swirling and he couldn't focus on the words the tall man was saying. He felt like somehow, his Hyung was in trouble. His tone seemed slightly disturbed as if he was having difficulties handling some kind of situation.

His body fell slowly into the void until he felt, a second later, the texture of a soft mattress under his back. 

He was on a bed. 

He couldn't feel Shownu's presence beside him. But then, it was gone.

Did he leave?

Suddenly, an intense and sharp pain exploded in his chest and he let out a huge moan. 

It hurt so much he wanted to die. He started whimpering and tears formed at the corner of his eyes. Never had he felt anything like this before. It was as if his heart had been savagely stung by a sharp blade.

 A giant hand came to cover his mouth.

"Shhhhh, Hoseok, keep it down," Shownu whispered hastily.

Hoseok could feel Shownu's nervous breathing blowing on his face. He could even taste his sweaty palm.

He tried to calm down, but the pain was unbearable.

He concentrated on Shownu's breathing and managed to quiet down; at least for a moment.

He didn't know how long he stayed like this nor did he know what was going on since his eyelids were stubbornly refusing to move; he kept silence in case Shownu would be hiding from the enemy, biting his tongue so he wouldn't yell to the point where he could feel the metallic taste of his blood. He had bitten too hard apparently. He still had to protect Shownu from getting found because of him. He couldn't and wouldn't allow that to happen. 

Seconds passed, followed by minutes and he had to refrain himself from screaming.

Endure the pain. Endure it.

Then he heard some knockings at the door, followed by some muffled sounds. It took him quite a moment before he recognized the voice of Jooheon.

He came, thankfully. He thought before suddenly arching his back.