Chapter 28: Denial

N/A: Sorry for being late. I have been quite busy these days. To catch up, I made a long chapter. Enjoy :)

What. In. The. Hell. Did. Just. Fxxking. Happened?!

Was what Changkyun wanted to yell as he rewound the security footage for the tenth time.

He watched it again and again, his mind still unable to find a logical answer to what he had witnessed, minutes ago.

Matter of fact, Hoseok had just been kidnapped by a fox... That's right;

Kidnapped. By. A. Fox.

He wanted to laugh at the absurdity of the situation, however, he couldn't, since it was the reality.

"Hyung, what... happened exactly?" Changkyun asked, gritting his teeth through Shownu's earpiece. 

He was trying to keep countenance. He was about to explode from frustration, his annoyance had reached a new peak he never expected to attain in life. 

If Changkyun were a God, the earth would be torn apart in this instant, dissolving under the pressure of his anger.

Thankfully, he was simply a human being.

A pretty infuriated one.

"I...Hoseok, he...got taken away." Shownu answered and Changkyun could see his perplexed expression through the security camera that was capturing his face; he was looking around kinda lost, trying to figure out the event that had just occurred.

Shownu didn't have an answer to give. He had failed to protect someone. It was his first time encountering something like this.

...No. Not the first time. The leader reminded himself bitterly.

"We made a promise...You said that you would be able to protect him if he would join you!!!! Is that what you call protecting him?!" Changkyun exploded, finally releasing some of his anger.

Shownu looked down and stared at his feet. 

He knew he had fucked up. Like real bad. It was his entire responsibility. 

He had failed as a leader- no, as a friend to keep Hoseok safe. And the others too.

"I-I am sorry, Changkyun-ah." He whispered.

Sorry?! Sorry?!!! The younger scoffed in his mind

He shouldn't have asked for an answer. He was now even more irritated than before.

"Give me a minute," Changkyun replied coldly before cutting off their communications.

He took off his headphone and leaned against his chair, savagely ruffling his hair. 

He didn't want Shownu's apologies; there shouldn't have been any in the first place. If only everything would have gone according to their plan, everyone would still be alright.

It hurt to know that Hoseok was possibly, if not, certainly in danger; it hurt to see Shownu feeling guilty about it; it hurt having no news about Kihyun and Minhyuk and Halmeoni; it hurt to see the sad expression on Jooheon's face; everything just fxxking hurt.

He wished for it to be only a bad dream, a simple nightmare; that he would wake up at any instant and would see Halmeoni cooking some Bibimbap and Hoseok smiling at him, bragging about his muscles like always. They would be joking around at the table, exchanging about their daily matters, sometimes fighting, but overall, enjoying their time spent together. He missed those moments; it used to be part of his routine, a reality that was still present only a few weeks ago, yet it all seemed so far, like a previous life that would have abruptly ceased.