CHAPTER SEVENTEEN| TAKING THE GOOD WITH THE BAD

Chapter Seventeen| Taking The Good With The Bad

Chapter Seventeen|
Taking The Good With The Bad

• • • • • •

"Everyone, please open your e-devices and find the email I sent titled "Winning"

"Everyone, please open your e-devices and find the email I sent titled "Winning"... Find it? Good." Ruby says, to the crew the next day. Said boy told them all to meet at his house to plan the quince very early in the morning.

"Because after copious hours of searching through Olivia's quincespirations, I've compiled the best ideas on a Pinterest page on the link below her headshot." Ruby continues. Everyone seemed to be looking at other things. Rosa sat on Cesar's lap emailing a few men from the other gangs outside of the city. Allies if you will.

"Where's Olivia?" Matias says, throwing his hands up. "Isn't that Sebastian's job?" Cesar sighs, trying to get Rosa's mind off gang business when they are with their friends.

"It's become mine." Rosa says, with her eyes still on the computer. "Ours." He corrects.

Rosa sighs, then nods relectantly. "Ours." Cesar then takes the laptop and searches for what Ruby wanted them to look at. "Just when we're with them, please?"

"Okay." Rosa sighs, leaning onto Cesar chest. "The princesa doesn't need to be bothered with the details. Now, anyone else have a dumb question? Huh? Good." Ruby says sarcastically, no one says anything.

"And before we really get going, I'd like to remind you that we're not just friends and family, we're damas and chambelanes in Olivia's court de honor, which means being honorable and dedicated-" Ruby says, before Rosa cuts the boy off. "Cesar and I aren't part of the court."

"And why not?" Ruby says, offended. "Because I said so." Rosa says, when really it's because she doesn't know when she'll have to get pulled away from them.

"So, take a look at our mandatory rehearsal schedule and-" Ruby phone then goes off, making them all laugh because he looked funny with the headset. "-Excuse me. I need to take this. Ruby's Fancy Festivities. What do you mean?"

"So, were not part of her court?" Cesar asks. "No, were still going to the party to support our friends, but I don't think we have the time for the practices... I'd rather not make a promise I can't keep." Rosa says, softly.