CHAPTER THREE| WARNING SHOT

Chapter Three| Warning Shot

Chapter Three|
Warning Shot

• • • • • •

It had been four weeks since Monse has left for writing camp

It had been four weeks since Monse has left for writing camp. Two weeks since Sebastian Santiago, and Oscar Diaz have been released from jail. And a week and a half since Matias, Rosa, and Cesar stopped talking to Jamal and Ruby after Matias made a derogatory comment about Monse.

Rosa and Cesar were the only ones that knew it was to protect the girl, but Jamal and Ruby didn't know that. Rosa still talked to Monse everyday over the phone, but has not told the girl about her brother's claim on her.

It wasn't like Monse was the only one with a claim. Cesar yelled a one of the members not even two days after Sebastian got home, and before Rosa could get the chance to tell her brother about her boyfriend.

Let's just say Cesar and Sebastian had a talk and Rosa got scolded at. As well as had a talk with Oscar, along with a box of condoms he threw at her saying. "We don't need little ones running around, you're the only baby we need around here, Baby."

Said comment both touched and offend the girl. As it was yet another dig at her height. It wasn't her fault her brother got the luxury of height an area she lacked in for obvious reason.

Monse would tell the small latina about how nice the camp was, and that there was a pool, and how she finally fit into the push-up bras the small latina made her buy the one day before she left for camp.

Now in present time, the three teen's snuck out of the house to get away from the hovering older brother's. They were walking back from the store with soda and chips in there hands, laughing at some story Matias brought up from that morning at breakfast. Rosa turned hearing a car come from behind them, and notices it's one of the Prophets cars. With her quick thinking she pushed both boys to the ground seeing one pull a gun out point it at the three.

Gunshots are heard, Rosa gasps feeling pain on her lower leg, the car quickly drives away, but Matias stands seeing the plate before turning to his sister to thank her for thinking quick, only to see her in Cesar's arms.