CHAPTER FIVE| TRY AGAIN

Chapter Five| Try Again

Chapter Five|
Try Again

• • • • • •

"Wake up! It's the third week of school, you'd think you'd be used to me waking you up by now

"Wake up! It's the third week of school, you'd think you'd be used to me waking you up by now. Anyways, you're coming to Ruby's with me... Now where is your brother and boyfriend?" Monse says, hitting the young latina with a pillow repetitively.

Rosa groans trying to hit the girl back weakly. "They're at Cesar's."

"Also why is your brother and Oscar, outside? And why did they introduce me to two nobody's?" Monse asks, laying down with Rosa.

"Two extremely tall boy's? That just so happen to look alike?" Rosa asks, softly getting a nod in return. The girl groans, rubbing her face. "Protection details."

"Protection details?" Monse asks, highly confused.

Rosa just shrugs sitting up, and walking towards her closet. Rosa had enough of the stupid boot so, she had Sebastian take her to the doctor and remove it the week before. "How hot is it today? Should I wear a tank top? Or regular shirt?"

"Don't change the subject." Monse says, then looking down at her foot. "I've notice, that your foot isn't broken, but your pain seems real. What happened while I was gone?"

"Nothing Monse." Rosa says, looking away from the girl. "Rosalinda." Monse says, warningly.

"I got shot, Monnie." Rosa says, turning to the girl. "Rosa-"

"Prophets. It went through my calf. I'm fine though, Matias and Cesar weren't hurt. So, it's all good. I had the boot 'cause Sebastian and I wanted people to think I broke my foot rather than me getting looks seeing that I got shot at." Rosa says, sitting down next to Monse.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"That's not something you tell someone over the phone, Monse. And you were enjoying your summer. I didn't want to ruin that." Rosa says, laughing softly. "Did Ruby and Jamal know what happened?" Monse asks, curiously.