Little Boy

"So, what exactly happened?" Detective Martin asked the couple, their child of six cowering behind them.

"We were eating lunch inside, while Larry, here," Mrs Hollis pointed at her son as she recounted what had happened that morning, "Was, to our knowledge, playing with the cat in the living room. However, as we moved on to dessert, we wondered where he was. Larry was never late for dessert, seeing's it is the only lunch meal he decides to have. We searched the house, but we couldn't find him. Then, the door burst opened and Larry was there, covered in dirt, his hair ruffled, and clothes were torn. He muttered something about someone trying to kidnap him and then he fainted."

"When he woke up," Mr Hollis continued from there, seeing's Mrs Hollis was getting paler and more flustered the more she spoke, "He was mute. He hasn't told us a thing since then."

"That is why," The detective said, flipping over the page of his notebook, "It is going to be difficult to get a statement out of him. Fear is a terrible consumer."

"He did draw this picture," Mr Hollis said, gently taking Larry's arm and pulling him forward. "Show the nice police officer your drawing, Larry," he asked. Shyly and slowly, Larry retrieved a crumpled up piece of paper from his back trouser pocket. Detective Martin carefully took it, thanked his sweetly and observed the drawing. It was a (really) rough sketch of a face which resembled a troll's. It had been coloured in with charcoal, the ears and teeth, however, had been painted with green paint.

"Interesting. He must be so petrified, that his young brain has manifested his kidnapper as a monster. But, it can, possibly, still help us. We have five suspects, all of which are slightly suspicious. We will get back to you as soon as possible," Martin said, nodding his head. He got in his car and drove to the police station, where one of five people were hiding a terrible secret.

Suspect 1

Marie Cherpe - Neighbour (Left-side)

I was watering my petunias on the far side of my house. I wouldn't have been able to see Larry or his kidnapper. But, my husband is my alibi. He reads on the porch while I garden. Common practice. I didn't like the family, though. We have asked them to house-sit multiple times, but they have outright refused because they are 'too busy'.

Suspect 2

Joseph Ferrier - Painter

I was working at their house for the day. I was told to paint the fence green. Anything against the family! Nah, not really. They don't pay me enough, but they're kind enough folks to let that slide.

Suspect 3

Sasha Colt - Aunt

I was in town for the day and popped past for breakfast. Nothing special. But, they said they couldn't because they needed to take Danny- I mean, Larry, to the doctor for an injection. That damn kid.

Suspect 4

Vivian Nesvig - Neighbour (right side)

I can't believe you dragged me here. I am as sick as a dog, which means I haven't left bed all day. I haven't left bed all week actually. If I die, because of you lot, I am making sure my nephew sues.

Suspect 5

Yvonne Marks - Artist who lives opposite

I was in my art room all day. I am busy doing this beautiful charcoal drawing. Would you like to see it? It's taken me five hours to do. I woke up at seven this morning and worked until twelve this afternoon, which, I have been told, is the time Danny returned home? My alibi is my domestic helper. She has seen me in my office all day. It's not possible that I could've committed such a distasteful crime.

Who attempted to kidnap Larry?