Finding Resources

Six paragliding enthusiasts were ecstatic to go and compete in the annual Maldives paragliding tournament. They were all really good friends and decided to hitch a ride with one of the older members. They drove for quite a while until the driver got distracted and accidentally drove off the cliff. They fell into the blue ocean; but, because all of them were experienced in life-guarding, they all climbed out of the slowly sinking car and swam to the closest piece of land: a small island-speckled with a few trees and hills. After they had dried off and blamed each other, they decided to do the rational thing; look for food. 

They all separated to look for different nutrients. They weren't away from each other for a long time, for a little while later, they all heard screams of agony. They all ran to the place they believed the screams were coming from and found one of the friends, Jeremy, dead. 

They interrogated each other since there were no police officers around (obviously):

Sophie: I was picking oranges from a large tree I spotted when we first arrived on the shore. I have all these oranges to prove it! 

Amelia: I found some berries close to a small clearing. I'm not sure if they are edible, so I was on my way to ask Sophie when I heard the screams. 

Xavier: I was fishing, but no fish bit on the hook, so I return unsuccessful. No fish for dinner, sorry guys...

Lawrence: I was looking for Aiden because I had the idea of making a bow and arrow for hunting. 

Aiden: I was gathering sticks for a campfire. You never know how long we will be here for. 

Who killed Jeremy?